Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  BYOC Cloud custom SIP headers for improved carrier interoperability

Posted 02-10-2021 18:56

Hi All,

This is directed more at Genesys rather than the community (I've logged a Genesys Care ticket too).

Todays release notes provided details of a new feature "BYOC Cloud custom SIP headers for improved carrier interoperability" with the description below, I've already tested this on a BYOC Cloud External SIP Trunk and it works great, I'm keen to know though why this was not provided to BYOC Premise external SIP Trunks? and if there is a plan to provide it to them? 

I'm noticing more of a divide in functionality between BYOC Cloud and BYOC Premise SIP Trunk, is there a reason for this? Some config points I can understand but others, for instance in BYOC Cloud you get an option Request URI Override under Protocol > Header\Invite, this not available for BYOC Premise SIP Trunk but would make configuring Premise SIP Trunks for some Australian carriers so much easier.

BYOC Cloud custom SIP headers for improved carrier interoperability

Telephony administrators can now create custom SIP headers to improve carrier interoperability for BYOC Cloud customers. The new static headers provide better call routing between Genesys Cloud and carriers. In addition, Verizon customers can choose a Verizon-specific external trunk subtype. When selected, this subtype adds Verizon-specific configuration settings to the page and removes settings that are not applicable. For more information, see Create a trunk under BYOC Cloud. This feature has no restriction by user or required user to access.

#SIP/VolP
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Nathan Kaden
    CALLSCAN AUSTRALIA PTY. LTD.

• 2.  RE: BYOC Cloud custom SIP headers for improved carrier interoperability

Posted 07-22-2021 11:46
    Edited by Kevin Goodwin 07-22-2021 11:46
    Nathan, did you ever find out more information related to this? I would like to find a way to work with custom SIP headers in Architect and have not found anything useful yet.
    I found the release note you referred to, here : https://help.mypurecloud.com/releasenote/february-10-2021/ 
    But there really isn't any detail with what they enabled. 

There is also an Idea on the Product Ideas Lab, but there doesn't seem to be any movement there. 
    https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLPLA-I-369 

Kevin Goodwin
    Mediu, Inc.

• 3.  RE: BYOC Cloud custom SIP headers for improved carrier interoperability

Posted 07-22-2021 17:58
    Hi Kevin,

I got an update from Genesys that custom headers in BYOC Premise edges was in development but no ETA, I wouldn't hold my breath considering Genesys are not selling edges anymore except for special cases (not confirmed by Genesys, was advised by our sales team).

Even in BYOC Cloud where you can add custom headers it does not look like there's a way to add custom headers from within an Architect Flow, you can only use "Data \ Set UUI Data" action to set a UUI value against the SIP signalling on transfer or disconnect.

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/set-uui-data-action/

Nathan Kaden
    CALLSCAN AUSTRALIA PTY. LTD.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources