Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Email Preferred Agent Routing to Deactivated Agent

• 1.  Email Preferred Agent Routing to Deactivated Agent

Posted 10-28-2019 04:59
    Hi All,

When using email interactions within PureCloud we have noticed that when an agent works on an email interaction, they are then automatically added to the interaction as a "Preferred Agent" which is great.

However if that agent de-activates from the relevant queue and the customer responds to the email interaction, when the email is routing in PureCloud it still routes to the de-activated preferred agent first, which is not ideal as they are "deactivated".

Has anybody else seen this?

I have raised this with support but they have advised that the feature should work like this, however I would have thought if an agent is deactivated then they are deactivated?

Thanks Luke
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Luke Mitchell
    G3 Comms Ltd

• 2.  RE: Email Preferred Agent Routing to Deactivated Agent

GENESYS
    Posted 10-28-2019 09:10
    Edited by George Ganahl 10-28-2019 10:07
    Can you describe a little more of what you mean by "it still routes to the de-activated preferred agent first"? If someone is de-activated, are you seeing the email sit in queue until the timeout to go to the next ring of agents (I presume the queue is set up for Advanced Routing and Preferred Agent Routing)?

@Chris Bohlin may be able to give some insight.

George Ganahl GCP (PureCloud) ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Email Preferred Agent Routing to Deactivated Agent

GENESYS
    Posted 10-28-2019 09:38
    That's currently how existing last agent routing works. If you start using the new preferred agent routing feature, then last agent routing will no longer work. The new preferred agent routing feature will not route interactions to agents who are not members of the queue.

If you're looking at the API, it admittedly gets confusing because the last agent routing feature leverages preferredAgentId field whereas the new preferred agent routing feature leverages scoredAgent field.

Lucie DeCristofaro
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: Email Preferred Agent Routing to Deactivated Agent

Posted 10-29-2019 05:05
    Hi Both,

Thank you for the responses.

So just to confirm, these queues are setup with standard routing.  When an email interaction email is replied to by a customer and it goes into the PureCloud queue, it will route to the last agent (Preferred Agent) that worked on the interaction even though they are "Deactivated" from the queue.

I will look at the new preferred agent routing feature for these email queues, it is just a shame that the standard option routes in this way to a deactivated user.

I have also added an idea to request this to be changed:

https://purecloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLINB-I-699

Thanks Luke

Luke Mitchell
    G3 Comms Ltd

• 5.  RE: Email Preferred Agent Routing to Deactivated Agent

Posted 11-23-2019 05:21
    Hi Community,

The last agent routing takes effect when emails are sent directly to the queue.

When you compare the interactions, they have a different structure. Emails sent to the queue increment a list where the last agent who responded to the customer is the first option for the routing decision.

Messages routed via Architect Flow
    "requestedRoutingSkillIds": [
    "Skill ID"
    ],

Messages routed to the Queue
    "requestedRoutingUserIds": [
    "Last agent who replied",
    "The first agent who replied"
    ],

Paulo Mesquita
    Spark NZ Trading

• 6.  RE: Email Preferred Agent Routing to Deactivated Agent

Posted 12-09-2019 06:47
    Great thanks Paulo

Luke Mitchell
    G3 Comms Ltd

• 7.  RE: Email Preferred Agent Routing to Deactivated Agent

Posted 12-24-2019 07:00
    Hi All,

Should this still work?

We have several Purecloud implementations with email and since this weekend we are running into the issue that emails are offered to the "last agent handling" in some scenarios when preferred agent routing has been configured.
    When an agent can not answer an email and parks the email in a "supervisor queue" the email gets directly offered to the former agent because he was the last agent handling the email.
    Also when an email is answered by an agent and replied back by customer (and agent is removed from queue in the meanwhile) the email is still offered to the agent (after going on queue for other queues).

We need some kind of solution for this and in previous post it seems that this could be resolved, I tested several scenarios (transferring with skills, directly to queue, to email or flow) but all seems to handle the email with the "last agent handling" routing.

Thanks,
    Cederik

Cederik Visser
    Cloudoe BV

• 8.  RE: Email Preferred Agent Routing to Deactivated Agent

Posted 12-24-2019 23:15
    I am not sure if something changed but this should work.

You can try and inbound email flow with a transfer to ACD action like this one:

Paulo Mesquita
    Spark NZ Trading

• 9.  RE: Email Preferred Agent Routing to Deactivated Agent

Posted 12-27-2019 01:59
    Hi Paulo,

Thanks for the advice. I tried your suggestion but unfortunately the reply email is still offered to the last agent handling.

I have the following scenario and I do not think this is how it suppose to work (according to documentation and how you might expect it).

1. Customer sends email to Purecloud.
    2. Email is routed by email flow in architect and routing is done with skills and/or preferred agent routing (tried all combinations).
    3. Email is placed in queue and offered to first agent available with required skills and/or preferred agent.
    4. Email is replied by agent.
    5. Agent is removed from queue, skills removed and removed as preferred agent.
    6. Customer replies to email and emails is send through same email flow in architect (only agent is removed from preferred agent list now), still skill is set (tried both options append true/false) and preferred agent set to other agents.
    7. Previous agent gets on-queue for other queues but still gets this reply email offered.
    I would expect that when skills or preferred agents are set in architect the reply email from customer is not offered to last agent handling the email since it does not have the required skills or is a preffered agent anymore.

It seems that when it is a reply mail from customer it does not matter how an email is routed or what skill settings or preferred agent is set it always uses "last agent handling".

I hope we can find a working solution for this.

Thanks for your help.
    Cederik

Cederik Visser
    Cloudoe BV

• 10.  RE: Email Preferred Agent Routing to Deactivated Agent

Posted 12-27-2019 04:15
    Hi Cederik,

I've tried to reproduce again and confirmed this workaround is not valid anymore.

Regarding the scenario using the preferred agent routing, I know this doesn't work for Callbacks, but it should work for e-mails.

If you started to have this issue last weekend, it must be the result of a recent change.

How long have you been using the PureCloud email feature?

Paulo Mesquita
    Spark NZ Trading

• 11.  RE: Email Preferred Agent Routing to Deactivated Agent

Posted 12-27-2019 05:23
    Hi Paulo.

Thank you very much for helping me with this.
    The fact that this is also not working for you anymore gives me the idea that indeed something has changed.

We have several customers using email and they are using it for more then 8 months now. We have had an issue before (6 months ago) with "last agent handing" but this was because of tranferring emails between queues (which is standard then). When email was send through the email flow in architect all seemed to work fine.

Only since last weekend customers are reporting that this now also applies to email replies. 
    This is very disruptive in call centers where agents are handling email or calls and now always get reply mails offered when they should only handle calls or when they want to park an email in a different queue (last agent will always get that email pushed now so not able to handle other emails).

I also opened a support ticket for this hoping that it will be solved.

Thanks,

Cederik

Cederik Visser
    Cloudoe BV

• 12.  RE: Email Preferred Agent Routing to Deactivated Agent

Posted 12-27-2019 05:50
    Hi @Lucie DeCristofaro,

Any ideas?
    ​​

Paulo Mesquita
    Spark NZ Trading

• 13.  RE: Email Preferred Agent Routing to Deactivated Agent

Posted 12-27-2019 09:19
    I am jumping in on this thread to confirm we are seeing the exact same issue in EMEA region.
    Been back and forth with PureCloud support who have insisted this is working as intended. Very disappointing responses so far.
    Glad to see this is an issue others are having as well, clearly something has been changed/broken.

Fraser Clark
    Postcode Lottery Limited

• 14.  RE: Email Preferred Agent Routing to Deactivated Agent

Posted 12-29-2019 19:14
    hi everyone, I saw this thread come up in my daily digest - we too are having the same issue and I have an open case for it at present.  This is quite frustrating as we removed the email skillset from an agent as they were not at the required competency, yet emails keep going to them.

Rodney Gibbs
    Integra

• 15.  RE: Email Preferred Agent Routing to Deactivated Agent

GENESYS
    Posted 12-30-2019 08:58
    Hello everyone - I wanted to acknowledge that the Product Team is aware of this thread and we are researching it now.  We hope to be able to provide an update later this week.  I understand this is having some negative impact on your current routing strategies and we take that very seriously. 

Please be on the lookout for an update via the Community shortly.

Have a wonderful new year.

Regards,
    Chris

Chris Bohlin
    Product Manager - PureCloud

• 16.  RE: Email Preferred Agent Routing to Deactivated Agent

Posted 12-30-2019 09:49
    Also having this issue. We have a dedicated outbound team and they are receiving all of the replies from the emails they sent. If they try transferring the interaction to the correct queue it routes right back to them even though they are not a part of that queue.

Rosalia Soto
    Mailmyprescriptions.com Pharmacy Corporation

• 17.  RE: Email Preferred Agent Routing to Deactivated Agent

Posted 01-02-2020 06:47
    Also having the same issue. This time of year is causing a carnage with a retail emails....

Laurie Cochrane
    Fat Face Ltd

• 18.  RE: Email Preferred Agent Routing to Deactivated Agent

GENESYS
    Posted 01-02-2020 10:11
    Thanks for reporting the issue via care and passing on additional details. With that information we were able to identify a change we made where we enabled last agent routing for all scenarios. The fact that it wasn't working when using email flows was considered a bug, but based on this thread it's evident that you figured out a way to turn off last agent routing using this loophole.

As a short term fix, we will be reverting the change we made and the behavior should go back to the way it was before. If all goes well, should be done today but it may not be until tomorrow.

Longer term, it's not ideal that there are odd configuration changes like this where certain functionality is turned off by an unrelated setting. As we can see, it causes issues such as this. So we'll look into providing a way to turn off last agent routing using an actual setting.

Lucie DeCristofaro
    Genesys - Employees

• 19.  RE: Email Preferred Agent Routing to Deactivated Agent

GENESYS
    Posted 01-02-2020 14:05
    We have reverted the change for all regions. You may still see older emails exhibit the previous behavior. Let us know if this helps.

Lucie DeCristofaro
    Genesys - Employees

• 20.  RE: Email Preferred Agent Routing to Deactivated Agent

Posted 01-02-2020 17:26
    Thanks Lucie.

Paulo Mesquita
    Spark NZ Trading

• 21.  RE: Email Preferred Agent Routing to Deactivated Agent

Posted 01-03-2020 02:43
    Thanks Lucie,

We have a customer with 10000+ e-mails in the Queue, so I hope we can make them happy with this.

Marcel Ostendorf
    Cloudoe BV

• 22.  RE: Email Preferred Agent Routing to Deactivated Agent

Posted 30 days ago

Good day Lucie,
    Can we perhaps add an update to this thread on the progress of the "Disable Last agent routing" setting? I believe it's currently in development on the road map.
    For continuity :)

Dewald Smit
    Altron Systems Integration a Division of Altron TMT (Pty) Ltd

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources