Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Remote agent help

Posted 01-22-2020 16:19
    Hello,

We all know that supporting a remote agent can be difficult at best, especially when you cannot control QOS.  Genesys offers a softphone download, but it does not support RTC.  I'm looking for a solution to help remote agents.  Expected latency and other necessary web based (data) traffic is creating situations rendering the agents ineffective.  Their respective ISP's all indicate they have VoIP quality DL speed.  Sending Any suggestions would be welcomed.   Thank you, Jack
    #Ask Me Anything (AMA)
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #ConnectwithaCustomer(NEW)
    #DigitalChannels
    #Implementation
    #Integrations
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface
    #Outbound
    #PlatformAdministration
    #QualityManagement
    #Reporting/Analytics
    #Roadmap/NewFeatures
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #Security
    #SIP/VolP
    #SystemAdministration
    #Telephony
    #Unsure/Other
    #GenesysCloudCXQAEpisode

------------------------------
    Jack Blakey
    Clearent LLC

• 2.  RE: Remote agent help

GENESYS
    Posted 01-22-2020 17:14
    Have you already looked at the PureCloud WebRTC web-based phone?

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/about-purecloud-webrtc-phones/

George Ganahl GCP (PureCloud), ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Remote agent help

GENESYS
    Posted 01-23-2020 11:37
    Another note regarding WebRTC phones. They use the Opus codec, which adjusts automatically based upon available bandwidth and gives a better voice quality experience for remote users.

You mentioned the ISPs say they have VoIP quality DL speeds...but the UL speed is usually quite different. That is where Opus helps.

There is a built-in WebRTC connection test in the PureCloud client ui that can be used to verify whether the remote user's connection is sufficient for use.

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/troubleshoot-purecloud-webrtc-phone/

Genesys

• 4.  RE: Remote agent help

Posted 01-23-2020 09:09
    Are these agents using a wireless connection at home for the softphone? When I worked remotely using the softphone I switched to a wired connection to my router and noticed a significant increase in audio quality.

Sean McGrath
    Avtex Solutions, LLC

• 5.  RE: Remote agent help

Posted 01-23-2020 11:30
    I've had good luck using Pingplotter https://www.pingplotter.com/ it runs a traceroute and graphs out the results. You could have it run on some of the Amazon IP's that Purecloud uses, the agents local router and maybe google.ca then leave it running for a few days and look for red. There's a free 30 day trial which should help.

Wireless can also be terrible as mentioned, especially if it's from a Modem/Router combo provided by the ISP.

Paul Dittrich
    Aria Solutions

• 6.  RE: Remote agent help

Posted 01-23-2020 16:13
    Thanks for all the group participation / help.  I would like to address each of these.

1) All remote users are running the WebRTC softphone.  We are not running persistent connections (base configurations), but after reading I think that might be a good idea.  I would like your thoughts.
    2) We recommend that the users connect directly to their broadband routers, but we can't enforce that. 
    3) We typically run the diagnostics tool with the users when troubleshooting.
    4) Troubleshooting usually involves repeating ping tests back to https://apps.mypurecloud.com , 8.8.8.8, as well as tracerts back to Genesys. 

How does one define the softphone registration points in PureCloud  (Meaning defining regions South East vs. Mid West)?

Thanks for the Ping-Plotter tool - this could be very useful. 

Jack

Thanks for the

Jack Blakey
    Clearent LLC

• 7.  RE: Remote agent help

GENESYS
    Posted 01-23-2020 17:37
    Edited by Matt Lawson 05-09-2022 09:30
    Jack, just for clarification can you define what you mean by "softphone"?

I ask because there is a big difference between the PureCloud Softphone and the WebRTC web-based phone. I answered thinking you were talking about the installable PureCloud Softphone originally.

Genesys

• 8.  RE: Remote agent help

Posted 01-30-2020 14:27
    Hi George, sorry for the delay.  As remote call center agents we run the WebRTC phone.  Thanks!  Jack

Jack Blakey
    Clearent LLC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources