Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Web Chat - option to choose queue

Posted 03-31-2020 02:34
    Hi

Anyone implemented this before? I need to allow customer to choose from 3 options and based on the 3 options, within chat inbound flow, I could then route to the appropriate ACD queue.

I am running into 2 roadblock:

1. how to implement drop-down menu within the pop-up ? I could do radio button, but not pulldown menu
    2. with customer selection - how do I retrieve this option (custom field) within the web chat inbound flow?

Best regards
    MengYong
    #Ask Me Anything (AMA)
    #DigitalChannels
    #PlatformAdministration
    #RemoteWorkEnablement
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Meng Yong

• 2.  RE: Web Chat - option to choose queue

GENESYS
    Posted 03-31-2020 04:53
    Hi. In case you want to use Genesys Widgets (also known as widget v2), this page may be helpful: you could customize the initial registration form, including drop-down list of customizable attributes that would be passed as userData keys into Chat APIs.
    More details on Customizable Registration Form are also here.

Thanks
    Angelo

Angelo Cicchitto
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Web Chat - option to choose queue

Posted 03-31-2020 07:53
    Hi Meng Yong,

I built a custom wrapper around Genesys Cloud/PureCloud, that included a form generator from a config file, before v2 came out. It supports dropdowns and a few other field types. You have to understand the chat custom fields, but it's pretty easy to do. I am cleaning up the code now and will be releasing it as an open source repo. If you know how or can figure out how to build a react project, I can post a link via reply if you're interested. It may be up to a week before I get around to it. Please let me know if you would like me to do so.

The result in terms of what gets sent to Genesys Cloud/PureCloud, is one of the custom fields. To answer the second part of your question, you have to know what options you're including in the dropdown and map them to a queue. I do this using a data table in Genesys Cloud/PureCloud and corresponding lookup in Architect. Then use Find Queue to find the Queue. Your queue names or intended queue destination may change, so you should not code your queue names or ids into the dropdown or any front end code.

In the following example, I'm passing in the dropdown value as customField2.

Thank you,

Daniel McLeod
    Qsect LLC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources