Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Extract additional attributes off the the SIP Refer header

Posted 12-29-2021 13:19
    We will be using BYOC Carrier/Verizon external trunks.. We are trying to pass UUID data from our Geneys Prem PureEngage platform to our new GC cloud org..  Today our Genesys Prem and our SBC passs CTI  data in the X-Geneys-CallUUID attribute..  Looking that the GC document, the naming of the UUID attribute must be User-to-User..  When i make test Transfer calls from Geneys Prem to GC and look at the Interaction SIP PCAP trace we see the value filled into the X-Geneys-CallUUID attribute, and it states unrecognized header..  Additionally, there are additional Verizon custom data attributes that we would also like to grab, which also is passed in the SIP PCAP trace..  I guess if we able to see it, we should somehow be able to grab it..  

I wonder if there any API or custom BYOC trunk configuration that will allow for us to get the other custom type attributes from the Sip Invite message header

Attached is snippet of the PCAP SIPDiagnosticTrace file from the Interaction..

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #Implementation
    #Integrations
    #Reporting/Analytics
    #SIP/VolP
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Shalom Benzaquen
    Anthem, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Extract additional attributes off the the SIP Refer header

Posted 12-30-2021 20:35
    Genesys is working on support for custom SIP headers, but for now, you need to encapsulate the information into the UUIData field and read that with a flow that can parse adn extract the data.   Here is a link about UUI Data:  About User to User Information (UUI) - Genesys Cloud Resource Center (mypurecloud.com)

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Extract additional attributes off the the SIP Refer header

Posted 12-30-2021 22:50
    HI Shalom

I seem to recall that part of the work on the Engage side to get some of this working is creating an INVITE section in SIP Server. Have you looked at that?

Vaun McCarthy

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources