Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Automatic monitoring of calls

Posted 04-06-2022 04:15
    Edited by Russell Davies 04-06-2022 04:40

Good morning,

I am aware of how to use the functionality to live monitor a call, but is there any way to do this automatically ?

At the moment we have to spot an agent has received an interaction , open the interaction, and then select monitor. The reason this is seen as a requirement is because you might miss the first 10-20 seconds of an interaction with those steps, meaning any QAs aren't able to verify if security questions were suitably asked/handled unless retrospectively going into the historical recording afterwards, and also reduces the exposure that new starters have to this part of the call when buddying on their first few calls pre sign-off.

Then once that interaction has finished you have to go to a different view to look for the next one.

#RemoteWorkEnablement
    #Telephony
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Russell Davies

• 2.  RE: Automatic monitoring of calls

Posted 04-07-2022 04:03
    I can back you on that one, having the ability to just monitor an agent would be useful

Andy Jackson
    Ten Lifestyle Management Limited

• 3.  RE: Automatic monitoring of calls

Posted 04-07-2022 04:26
    I also support this feature. it would be useful to have ability to:

1. Continuously monitor the agent for all incoming calls until you stop monitoring.
    2. Monitor x numbers of calls for an agent e.g. monitor next 3 calls

Muhammad Zubair Awan
    Spark NZ Trading

• 4.  RE: Automatic monitoring of calls

Posted 04-07-2022 06:43
    Agreed; the current method of monitoring at the call level is unduly cumbersome. I've been following this closely as it's a big shortcoming, especially with a remote call center. Genesys has included the solution to this as "Targeted" in their quarterly product roadmaps since July 2020 (feature name "Monitor/Coach/Barge: Persistent Connection").  I recently asked my CSM for an update  as it's clearly not moved in quite a while. I'll post back with any information I receive.

Here's a link to the idea.

https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/INB-I-1033

Emily Kammerer
    Ascendium Education Solutions, Inc.

• 5.  RE: Automatic monitoring of calls

GENESYS
    Posted 04-07-2022 08:33
    Hi everyone - speaking as the product manager who owns this feature - I couldn't agree with you more!  Unfortunately, we not there quite yet.  Once we get barge-in support out the door (expecting APIs in the next 30 days followed quickly by UI support which is already underway), then we can look to tackle this need.  In the mean time - one of our SCs developed an internal application (that would need to be hosted in S3 or some similar web server) that enables exactly what you are looking for.  It actually works for voice and for messaging channels like chat!

The community upload process seems to be failing me - but if you are interested in seeing this app - please email me directly (chris.bohlin@genesys.com) and I'll shoot it over!

More to come on this request overall but we absolutely know the need is there and will tackle this in the future.

Chris Bohlin
    Product Manager - PureCloud

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources