PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Publishing Causes Switchover

Posted 06-08-2008 04:28
    We have a primary/secondary switchover setup. We recently replaced our HP primary server originally purchased in 2005. Now if we publish Attendant from the (new) Primary server, an automatic switchover is performed. We are able to publish at will with no switchover when on the (older) secondary server. Anyone else experiencing this? I3 says it is because our Attendant is too large and the new server can't handle it. I'm at a lost as to how a newer, upgraded server can't process but the older one can. :confused: Rob

• 2.  RE: Publishing Causes Switchover

Posted 06-09-2008 12:25
    Rob; If the new server has like hardware or is a newer larger configuration, it does not make sense that publishing the attendant would force a switchover. I suggest you put some additional pressure on them to explain the short comings of the new server.

• 3.  RE: Publishing Causes Switchover

Posted 06-09-2008 13:04
    Originally posted by chap135;11605
    Rob; If the new server has like hardware or is a newer larger configuration, it does not make sense that publishing the attendant would force a switchover. I suggest you put some additional pressure on them to explain the short comings of the new server.
    Thanks, at least I haven't lost my mind.

• 4.  RE: Publishing Causes Switchover

Posted 06-09-2008 16:29
    Rob I agree there is no way in hell a brand new beefy server could not handle an attendant tree. Turn up your logs to 80 and if you have the time try a publish and if it switchover then send me the following logs Switchover TS IP Sip to MM@vegas.com i will take a look and see what i can see. i would reopen the case

• 5.  RE: Publishing Causes Switchover

Posted 06-09-2008 18:21
    If the server is already having problems with simple tasks wouldn't turning up logging be a bad idea? The attendant is saved to the registry so I could see having a really large attendant could cause problems. If you publish the attendant profile on the old server does the entire configuration replicate over to the new server?

• 6.  RE: Publishing Causes Switchover

Posted 06-09-2008 19:15
    I hold with my original comment and agree with Mike @ Vegas.com. you can send him or me the logs and we can tell you better what is happening but we have a huge attendant and a small dev server we use as our sand box. We have never had this issue. gary.crowe@moneymanagement.org

• 7.  RE: Publishing Causes Switchover

Posted 06-09-2008 20:39
    Have you looked in the event log to see why the server switched over?

• 8.  RE: Publishing Causes Switchover

GENESYS
    Posted 06-10-2008 14:10
    Looking at the Support case notes, they think it is possibly related to the NIC drivers, because the communication between the Primary and the Backup servers gets backed up to the point of causing a switch when you publish from the new server. The case is still open waiting some feedback from your reseller, who is still working with Support to resolve the issue... So, the main thing to look for is the difference between the old server and the new one, especially at the point of communication between the two (looks like you have a dedicated NIC for the communication between the switchover pair?)

• 9.  RE: Publishing Causes Switchover

Posted 06-17-2008 17:50
    Just curious as to how this is going.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources