PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  New Report not connecting to Database

Posted 04-22-2009 16:36
    Hello - We've been up and running on I3 v 3.0 for about 6 weeks now. I wanted to customize some reporting and was able to acquire Crystal Reports 2008 about 3 weeks ago. I've figured out how to create a new report that will just give me the total number of wrap-coded calls sorted by code for a specified date range. In Crystal it runs fantastically and allows me to enter different date ranges. I saved it to a shared drive on our network and entered the information into Administrator so I could run the report out of Supervisor. In Supervisor I can pull up the report but it disregards any criteria I enter and will pull whatever was displayed on the Preview tab in Crystal. I've tried deleting the Preview tab and I end up getting an error in Supervisor when I click Run saying that the "Report Parameter 'Date Range' is required but was not defined". If I add the Preview tab back in Crystal Reports the report will run in Supervisor, just pulling the info from the Preview tab again. This is my first attempt at using Crystal or creating a report for I3. Since the report works and pulls results based on the info I enter when in Crystal, I think that the report itself is set up correctly so it must be something with how I set it up in Administrator or where I saved it. If anyone has any ideas they'd be greatly appreciated. thanks much!

• 2.  RE: New Report not connecting to Database

Posted 04-22-2009 17:48
    It sounds like the report is being opened and showing the preview data that was saved withing the report as part of the support to act as a viewer for RPT files used to send report results in Crystals native format. To save space, reports are normaly shipped with the preview data deleted vai a check box one of the config dialogs. With that removed make sure that within IA all of the Tables and Input Parameters used bound to the Tables and Parameter definitions. The "Report Parameter 'Date Range' is required but was not defined" error indicates that "Date Range" parameter from the report is not defined in the reprot configuration in IA, so IA does not know what to do with the parameter. Since we support Fixed (constant), System (supplied by report environment via definition, like current user), or User (supplied by user at runtime) attributes, the executor does not automaticaly turn the parameters into user input prompts.

• 3.  RE: New Report not connecting to Database

Posted 04-23-2009 16:13
    Originally posted by GCunningham;14491
    The "Report Parameter 'Date Range' is required but was not defined" error indicates that "Date Range" parameter from the report is not defined in the reprot configuration in IA, so IA does not know what to do with the parameter. Since we support Fixed (constant), System (supplied by report environment via definition, like current user), or User (supplied by user at runtime) attributes, the executor does not automaticaly turn the parameters into user input prompts.
    Thank you for the respons. I went into IA to look at the parameters and I did set them up but when I click OK and IA asks if I want to verify the configuration I get another error. This one says "Verification Failed. You have 2 parameters defined but the report file has 0". We've now got 2 search parameters set up on this report, date range and account code and the report still works in Crystal pulling info from the DB according to the search criteria we enter. Is it possible that the parameters I've set in Crystal just aren't transferring and if that's the case, how do I fix it?

• 4.  RE: New Report not connecting to Database

Posted 04-23-2009 17:25
    Originally posted by shanti;14505
    Thank you for the respons. I went into IA to look at the parameters and I did set them up but when I click OK and IA asks if I want to verify the configuration I get another error. This one says "Verification Failed. You have 2 parameters defined but the report file has 0". We've now got 2 search parameters set up on this report, date range and account code and the report still works in Crystal pulling info from the DB according to the search criteria we enter. Is it possible that the parameters I've set in Crystal just aren't transferring and if that's the case, how do I fix it?
    It happened to me before and I change the Report Type to IC Report instead of User Crystal Report. I also do Import configuration so it defines the parameters automatically for me.

• 5.  RE: New Report not connecting to Database

Posted 04-23-2009 17:41
    Originally posted by PhoebeM;14508
    It happened to me before and I change the Report Type to IC Report instead of User Crystal Report. I also do Import configuration so it defines the parameters automatically for me.
    Thanks Phoebe, for the reply. I tried the Import configuration and it took out my parameters so when I tried running the report it didn't ask me to enter a date range or account number. It still pulled the information from the preview tab in Crystal. So, it's got to be that IA isn't seeing all the information when I save it in Crystal. Do reports HAVE to be saved to the I3 server to work? Right now it's saved to a network drive.

• 6.  RE: New Report not connecting to Database

Posted 04-23-2009 17:50
    Originally posted by shanti;14509
    Thanks Phoebe, for the reply. I tried the Import configuration and it took out my parameters so when I tried running the report it didn't ask me to enter a date range or account number. It still pulled the information from the preview tab in Crystal. So, it's got to be that IA isn't seeing all the information when I save it in Crystal. Do reports HAVE to be saved to the I3 server to work? Right now it's saved to a network drive.
    In the Crystal Report I remember uncheck the "Save Data in Report" under Options->Reporting. I also save my custom report in the same folder where the canned reports are stored in the I3 server.

• 7.  RE: New Report not connecting to Database

Posted 04-27-2009 19:43
    Well, I tried a couple things. I unchecked the box referenced by Phoebe (thanks for the suggestion) and I was actually able to get the report saved out to the same place the I3 out-of-the-box reports live. Neither seemed to make a difference. When I import the configuration in Admin for this report it does not pull over my parameters. When I try running it in Supervisor it doesn't ask me for date or account code. It just pulls whatever I had saved last in Crystal. Now that it's saved in the same place as the other reports I really have no idea what to do to make it work. Any more ideas? I'll try them! Thanks much!

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources