PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How to get sender smtp address from incoming email

Posted 07-14-2010 12:28
    Hi, I need to obtain sender email address in smtp format, like 'user@damain.com ', in a handler. I'm using get recipient info toolstep but when email is from sam exchange server, email address is in exchange format. When message is from external mail system I get string like "SMTP:user@domain.com". Does anybody know how to get SMTP email address when email is from same server? Regards, Ernest

• 2.  RE: How to get sender smtp address from incoming email

Posted 07-14-2010 12:35
    I just debugged System_IncomingQueueEmail handler and I think that I found the soultion Addres can be found by Eic_RemoteId I need to do some more tests, but it might be it. I hope it would help someone :)

• 3.  RE: How to get sender smtp address from incoming email

Posted 07-14-2010 12:53
    Eic_remoteId is ok in System_IncomingEmailQueue handler, it contains string like "user@domain" , but in custom handler, same attribute for same interaction is still full exchange mailbox name :( Anybody have an idea why? Thanks, Ernest

• 4.  RE: How to get sender smtp address from incoming email

GENESYS
    Posted 07-14-2010 15:51
    When an email is coming from the same Exchange server that IC uses, the address will be in Exchange format. That is programmed into the system, not something you can change. You would have to take the exchange mailbox info and do a Lookup in DS (using a Lookup toolstep) to get the person's smtp address.

• 5.  RE: How to get sender smtp address from incoming email

Posted 07-15-2010 12:15
    Thanks for reply. I've checked how it is done in System_IncomingQueueEmail, indeed Lookup tool is used there. I understand how it works, but I'm not very happy about it. Doing it this way causes that when email arrives from same exchange server (or lotus domino server - checked on both), Eic_RemoteID is in exchange fromat, and when this mailbox is not assigned to any CIC Workgroup or User, system is unable to find smtp email address. This is because Lookup tool operates on server registry. Imagine an organization which has thousands of employees. Many of employees are also organization customers and not all employees have IC accounts. There will be trouble when they want to use corporate email to contact with customer care. I need user email address for custom handlers but this exchange format is used also for standard features. For example in Recorder all internal emails can be found using exchange fromat. I didn't check this but I can bet that recorder selector rule with normal email address will not work for internal emails if the address is not assigned to any IC object. This address doesn't look nice also in popups or window name when agent is reading it. Maybe this is a good place to set up customization point (CustomSMTPAddressLookup)? I could then search LDAP for smtp email address?

• 6.  RE: How to get sender smtp address from incoming email

GENESYS
    Posted 07-15-2010 16:56
    An LDAP lookup was going to be my next suggestion. It sounds like you will have to insert your own customization point for now, and submit an enhancement request at enhancements.inin.com to get it put into the product.

• 7.  RE: How to get sender smtp address from incoming email

Posted 07-15-2010 17:18
    To be honest, I never used these LDAP tools, but I think I'll cope . Do you possibly know which AD attribute should I ask for and how?

• 8.  RE: How to get sender smtp address from incoming email

Posted 07-10-2011 21:29
    Ernest, have you managed to retrieved email address with LDAP tools?

• 9.  RE: How to get sender smtp address from incoming email

Posted 07-16-2011 22:31
    Hello Marko, It was long time ago, but as far as I remember I didn't really tried (but still think this is possible). I just started work on it when customer said that he is happy how that solution works for external emails, and build custom workaround to make it work with exchange address format.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources