PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Make conference call and disconnect the agent...

• 1.  Make conference call and disconnect the agent...

Posted 11-19-2010 13:21
    I'm developing a handler that are triggered from a button in the interaction client. The case is that when a agent is done with the call he should call to an external survey enter his PIN-number and then transfer the calls together. I have done the following but I don't know how its possible to disconnect the agent from the call. Initiator: Client Button Press 1. Mute Start (Interaction1) 2. Place call to XXXXXXX (Interaction2) 3. Play Digits (Interaction2) 4. Mute Stop (Interaction1) 5. Conference Interaction1 and 2 (Conference1) Anyone got any tip on how to disconnect the agent that have answered Interaction1 from the Conference call? Best Regards Anders ICCE / ICHD

• 2.  RE: Make conference call and disconnect the agent...

Posted 11-19-2010 15:54
    You want to use the "remove party" tool. You might just be able to pass in Interaction1, but I doubt it. it would be safest to use the "Query Queue" toolstep and get the call id (you'll probably have to do a little sleuthing to figure out how to identify the call you want) You may also be able to grab the connection call id from Interaction1 before you start this process. (step 1a). Let us know if you need more help.

• 3.  RE: Make conference call and disconnect the agent...

GENESYS
    Posted 11-19-2010 15:59
    Did you try using a Transfer tool step instead of a Conference? I haven't tried it in quite a while, so I can't remember the quirks in getting it to work well, but you're basically doing a consult transfer.

• 4.  RE: Make conference call and disconnect the agent...

Posted 11-19-2010 17:17
    Try this: - Handler initiated by client button press with active call selected (required in button press configuration) - Mute Start Interaction1 - Place call to external number (I used an extended place call step) to create Interaction2 - Play digits - Flush audio (if necessary) - Mute Stop Interaction1 - Use Set Call State step to claim control of call (I set move to system queue, claim control, and cancel pending all to true) - Use Transfer step to transfer Interaction1 to Interaction2

• 5.  RE: Make conference call and disconnect the agent...

Posted 11-22-2010 08:35
    Originally posted by dcurrier;19974
    Try this: - Handler initiated by client button press with active call selected (required in button press configuration) - Mute Start Interaction1 - Place call to external number (I used an extended place call step) to create Interaction2 - Play digits - Flush audio (if necessary) - Mute Stop Interaction1 - Use Set Call State step to claim control of call (I set move to system queue, claim control, and cancel pending all to true) - Use Transfer step to transfer Interaction1 to Interaction2
    I have tried this now and the agent gets disconnected. But it plays hold music for Interaction1 and if if press any buttons on the phone i hear them on Interaction2. So they are connected but how to i get rid of the hold music?

• 6.  RE: Make conference call and disconnect the agent...

Posted 11-22-2010 13:00
    Would you please attach a copy of the handler?

• 7.  RE: Make conference call and disconnect the agent...

Posted 11-22-2010 13:21
    Originally posted by dcurrier;19984
    Would you please attach a copy of the handler?
    Heres a copy of the handler... [ATTACH]358[/ATTACH]

• 8.  RE: Make conference call and disconnect the agent...

Posted 11-22-2010 13:27
    Hmm - at a first glance, it looks ok. Here's the test that I did for this...

• 9.  RE: Make conference call and disconnect the agent...

Posted 11-23-2010 08:39
    Originally posted by dcurrier;19987
    Hmm - at a first glance, it looks ok. Here's the test that I did for this...
    I tried it exactly as you made it and still get hold music played for Interaction1. Did you get it it to work?

• 10.  RE: Make conference call and disconnect the agent...

Posted 11-23-2010 08:44
    Not sure on the hold music - it worked just fine for me.

• 11.  RE: Make conference call and disconnect the agent...

Posted 11-23-2010 08:46
    Originally posted by dcurrier;20012
    Not sure on the hold music - it worked just fine for me.
    What version of CIC do you use? I'm on CIC 3.0 with SU9. I have a similar problem with another handler and it worked just fine in CIC 2.4.

• 12.  RE: Make conference call and disconnect the agent...

Posted 11-23-2010 08:47
    Also CIC SU9 :)

• 13.  RE: Make conference call and disconnect the agent...

Posted 11-23-2010 08:51
    Originally posted by dcurrier;20015
    Also CIC SU9 :)
    Okey... Maybe something wrong with my installation :( Ill start from scratch then and see how it goes on a new installation... Thanks for you input!

• 14.  RE: Make conference call and disconnect the agent...

Posted 11-23-2010 11:57
    Originally posted by sPiNNiFeX;20016
    Okey... Maybe something wrong with my installation :( Ill start from scratch then and see how it goes on a new installation... Thanks for you input!
    Now i tried it again with a new installation of CIC 3.0 with SU9 and get the same with the hold music on Interaction1. Anyone got any tip on why???

• 15.  RE: Make conference call and disconnect the agent...

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 12-03-2010 21:48
    use set call state to welkom do a blind transfer i while come in the sme attendent schedule where i came from ill look up my handler on onday and copy it here i'm using is for customer review agent :-)

• 16.  RE: Make conference call and disconnect the agent...

Posted 12-06-2010 08:18
    Originally posted by sPiNNiFeX;20017
    Now i tried it again with a new installation of CIC 3.0 with SU9 and get the same with the hold music on Interaction1. Anyone got any tip on why???
    I found the problem and it was outside of CIC. The hold music was played by the SIP-trunk provider we use in our lab. Works fine when I place the call thou the IC Gateway. Thanks for your help!

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources