PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View

Handling multiple contact numbers

• 1.  Handling multiple contact numbers

Posted 04-19-2011 22:16
    I am working with a campaign where the contact list has multiple contact numbers..home, work and cell. Each contact could 1 number, or all three, and we never know which of the fields will have numbers. There is also a business rule in which any new record must be called back the first time within 5 minutes. We are currently using inserted callbacks (into the cs0 table) to do this which works pretty well, but plan to test out the new J status Just in time dialing feature and will likely switch to that. The problem is by default it appears dialer dials each number in a row (assuming none of these are a final disposition) within minutes of each other. Is there some setting or way to space this out, for example once we dial home, wait two hours to call work? I know we could do this with a policy (rule?) that sets a callback, but I'm hoping to avoid more set timed callbacks. Is there a dialer setting somewhere to set a minimum delay? We'd also like to experiment with calling only certain number types at certain times of the day. Originally our call center manager was taking numbers in and out of the contact list to change to specific numbers but that resulted in a bunch of F status records. Similar to the poster in http://community.inin.com/forums/showthread.php?5352-Status-F-in-call-table&highlight=contact+list. Whatever solution we put in would need to accomodate both calling certain number types during certain times of day (ie, only call work numbers before 5, home after 5), while also allowing brand new records to override that to be called whether they have that type of number we are currently calling on or not. Not sure how we can do that. Two campaigns maybe? Does J status override other rules? Any advice or experience with this would be much appreciated.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources