PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Custom Incoming Fax

Posted 07-15-2011 14:35
    I would like to setup some custom fax processing when a fax is received on a DNIS. I do not see any customization points in System_IncomingFax. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good place to do this? Basically I want to save the fax in a network directory and send an customized email alert.

• 2.  RE: Custom Incoming Fax

Posted 07-15-2011 19:38
    Yes, I would use the attendant to process faxes rather than messing around with handlers. What can't you do in Attendant that you need to do in a handler?

• 3.  RE: Custom Incoming Fax

Posted 07-18-2011 13:48
    Since the only thing you can do with fax in the Attendant is to accept a fax and send it to the default mailbox, a user's mailbox, or a workgroup's mailbox you are correct - you will need to modify a handler to save the fax to a network directory & send an e-mail. In 3.0 there is a subroutine 'CustomIncomingFax' that is called from the System_IncomingFax handler but this customization point is not in the 2.4 handler. It is interesting, though, that the variable bTransferred is not evaluated in the 3.0 System_IncomingFax handler so the handler would need to be modified anyway. If you are on 2.4, I would create a subroutine called 'CustomIncomingFax' so when you upgrade you will be compliant with 3.0 or you could get a copy of the 3.0 CustomIncomingFax handler to work with. The input fields in the 3.0 CustomIncomingFax handler are Interaction (Interaction1), Fax ID (p_faxobjID), FaxDevice (p_sFaxDevice) and Fax Envelope ID (p_FaxenvId') and the output variable is Transferred? (bTransferred). You can then copy the 2.4 System_IncomingFax handler and insert the CustomIncomingFax subroutine. Handler best practices is to save the modified handler in a different folder than the I3 System Handler and make sure you document your changes (File/Properties). Mary Rose

• 4.  RE: Custom Incoming Fax

Posted 07-19-2011 14:51
    Mary, Thanks for the response. We are on 3.0 and there is no CustomIncomingFax and no reference to it in System_IncomingFax. Im not sure what service update we have. I will do as you suggest by creating it and calling it from System_IncomingFax. Jason

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources