PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How to send email from Interaction Client?

Posted 07-25-2011 20:18
    Hi, We need to send email to as soon as agent finishes the call. They also need to attach some documents and send email to the customer. Anyone have idea about initiating the outbound email from Interaction Client? Thanks Karthik

• 2.  RE: How to send email from Interaction Client?

Posted 07-26-2011 10:47
    I'm sure there are other solutions, but one of the simplest would be to have the user click an e-mail link in a public contact directory... assuming a limited number of inbound callers where you already know the e-mail address associated with that caller. In this case, clicking the e-mail link would open a new message in the user's default mail application. If the e-mail interaction needs to be handled through Interaction Center, then a custom handler solution would likely be required.

• 3.  RE: How to send email from Interaction Client?

Posted 07-27-2011 13:07
    With the latest SU for 3.0 you can create an email interaction from the client. As long as the user is a member of a workgroup that is configured for outbound email. The email when sent from the system will be from the email address that is configured for that workgroup. This will enable the reply of that email to be re-routed back into the system as an email interaction. This is another option.

• 4.  RE: How to send email from Interaction Client?

Posted 07-27-2011 13:34
    Thank you Craig. I am on SU 12 I will give a try and let you know. Thanks Karthik

• 5.  RE: How to send email from Interaction Client?

Posted 07-27-2011 21:17
    Hi Craig, I am not able to find the email interaction from the file menu. I have configured my work group with a mailbox. Is there any specific setting I need to do? Thanks Karthik

• 6.  RE: How to send email from Interaction Client?

Posted 09-26-2011 12:57
    The user who is logged in needs to be a member of the workgroup that is assigned both an inbound mailbox and an outbound mailbox. There are two check boxes for the workgroup configuration when setting up email for workgroups. Make sure the check box for use workgroup for outbound email is checked and that the user is a member of that workgroup.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources