PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Creating a custom attribute in Chat

Posted 01-05-2012 00:28
    Is it possible to attach captured data from a chat session and make it available as a custom call attribute? Our IVR currently attached our customer's account number to a field called Account that is referenced via a screen pop button. We'd like to have the option for a chat user to enter their account number in the browser and attach that information to the interaction. Any help or insight would be appreciated.

• 2.  RE: Creating a custom attribute in Chat

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 01-05-2012 15:06
    geneluster, Yes, this is possible. If you look in the DHTML code generated by i3root/default.htm, there is a Javascript variable called CUSTOM_INFO that is set to "". You could customize that to have a value. There are many ways to do this, but for instance you could show a form asking for the desired information, and have PHP/ASP/JSP generate the same HTML that came from i3root/default.htm, but substitute in the value that was obtained from the form. Or whatever processes the form could set a cookie, and the code generated by i3root/default.htm could remain a static HTML page on your webserver, but you could replace that "" with code to fetch the value of that cookie. If using the Java applet client instead of the DHTML client, it's very similar but instead of replacing "" with your data here: var CUSTOM_INFO = ""; ...you'd need to add this entire line near the other param tags: Once you do that, your data should appear to the agent in the "Notes" tab. Or you can customize the Handlers to do things with that data. Thank you, Jon Keller ININ Web Chat Software Engineer

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources