PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  SIP Proxy 4.0 R2 Capabilities if IC servers Down

Posted 12-11-2012 07:45
    hi all i want to clarify the features of SIP Proxy in case that IC servers are down, especially for inbound calls handling! could i route inbound calls to a group of stations!

• 2.  RE: SIP Proxy 4.0 R2 Capabilities if IC servers Down

Posted 01-10-2013 17:21
    Originally posted by Emran;27304
    hi all i want to clarify the features of SIP Proxy in case that IC servers are down, especially for inbound calls handling! could i route inbound calls to a group of stations!
    Yes, the SIP Proxy has some basic call routing features, and can route calls to a group of phones as a group ring, or in a serial fashion. Remember that the phones will have to be registered to the SIP Proxy as well as the CIC server for this feature to work.

• 3.  RE: SIP Proxy 4.0 R2 Capabilities if IC servers Down

Posted 02-03-2013 10:11
    Originally posted by pwatkins;27415
    Yes, the SIP Proxy has some basic call routing features, and can route calls to a group of phones as a group ring, or in a serial fashion. Remember that the phones will have to be registered to the SIP Proxy as well as the CIC server for this feature to work.
    thank you for the replay, i would like to ask you about the required configuration to ensure that outbound calls for polycoms will be routed automatically to the gateway through the SIP Proxy in case that IC Servers are down, i am suffering a problem for this issue. i will be glad to hear from you.

• 4.  RE: SIP Proxy 4.0 R2 Capabilities if IC servers Down

Posted 02-25-2013 17:00
    Originally posted by Emran;27541
    thank you for the replay, i would like to ask you about the required configuration to ensure that outbound calls for polycoms will be routed automatically to the gateway through the SIP Proxy in case that IC Servers are down, i am suffering a problem for this issue. i will be glad to hear from you.
    Once the proxy has been installed, and registered to the CIC system, you will need to include it in your registration group for the Polycom phones. After the phones have been rebooted, they will register to the SIP proxy. You should see the phones listed as registered devices, which you can then sort into groups for routing.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources