PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  TUI Question

Posted 08-09-2012 22:19
    If a user gets a new voice mail message, but, for some reason, reads the message in her inbox, is it possible to listen to it on her phone? Currently the voicemail system tells her that there is no new message if she does it this way. Can anyone define the order TUI works when accessing messages through email? What are the standard options in the TUI "new messages and "old messages" correct? Can they be different for different customers? Any feedback is appreciated. Bryan

• 2.  RE: TUI Question

Posted 08-10-2012 02:53
    If memory serves, whether or not to allow access to Saved messages is a user setting that the user can set through the TUI Personal Settings menu, or through the User Web Interface. Once the message is marked "Read" in the Inbox, it becomes a Saved message as far as the TUI is concerned.

• 3.  RE: TUI Question

Posted 08-13-2012 20:27
    In my personal options I couldn't find anything for playing saved messages or personalizing what types of VM's you want to save. Any other ideas? Bryan

• 4.  RE: TUI Question

Posted 08-13-2012 20:29
    How about in the MIC User Web Pages (CWA)?

• 5.  RE: TUI Question

Posted 08-13-2012 20:46
    CWA? Do you have a doc for this? B

• 6.  RE: TUI Question

Posted 08-13-2012 20:49
    I don't. It was the user web interface. Same web server as the Web Admin, in the virtual directory CWA (I think). Once you got to 3.0, I believe it changed the Virtual Directory to MIC.

• 7.  RE: TUI Question

Posted 08-14-2012 22:56
    Originally posted by andygunther;26217
    I don't. It was the user web interface. Same web server as the Web Admin, in the virtual directory CWA (I think). Once you got to 3.0, I believe it changed the Virtual Directory to MIC.
    The weird thing is it just seems there is no standard here. This user has different play options than I do. They can't play old messages where I can.

• 8.  RE: TUI Question

Posted 08-15-2012 00:41
    Here is the documentation for Personal Options: https://my.inin.com/support/products/mic30/Documentation/mergedProjects/ps/configuring_the_telephone_user_interface.htm To configure the TUI: In MIC Web Access, from the Options menu, choose Telephone Interface. Result: The Telephone Interface Options page appears. In the Message Counts section, choose how you want MIC to tell you about new and saved voicemail messages, emails, and faxes by clicking the appropriate radio button for each message type. Note: By default, MIC announces how many new and saved messages of each type you have in your Inbox. To play back the number of new and saved messages in your mailbox when you log in, select Count new & saved messages. To hear only the number of new messages, select Count only new messages. If this is selected, MIC does not announce how many saved messages you have of this type. To skip the announcement of the number of new or saved messages of this type, select None. In this case, you also do not hear a prompt about how to play new or saved messages of this type. In the Playback Options section: To specify the playback mode used when you retrieve your messages: Select the Brief radio button to eliminate extra information and start the reading with the body of the message. In this mode voicemail plays without being prefaced by the date, time, and ?From? information. Email is read starting with the body of the message. This is recommended more for experienced users. Or... Select the Verbose radio button to play complete information about each message, including the date, time, and "From" information for each message. This is recommended for inexperienced users. To control the order in which messages are played, do one of the following: Select the Newest first radio button to play your new messages first. Or... Select the Oldest first radio button to play your old messages first. To play urgent (high priority) messages before other messages, select the Play urgent messages first check box. Note: This check box works in conjunction with the Order radio buttons, so that newest urgent or oldest urgent messages are played first. To hear your name when you log into your mailbox, select the Play my name when I login to my mailbox check box. Use this to confirm that you logged in correctly. To hear your current status when you log into your mailbox, select the Play my status when I login to my mailbox check box. In the Greeting Options section, you can turn your recorded greeting on or off. You can also enable the system to announce your name and status when you log into your mailbox or when callers reach your voicemail. To announce your mailbox name (either your recorded name or extension number), select the Play my name when callers reach my Voicemail check box. To announce your current status to callers, select the Play my status when callers reach my Voicemail check box. To play a personal greeting when callers reach your voicemail, select the Play my greeting when callers reach my Voicemail check box. Clear this check box to deactivate your greeting. Note: See the MIC User Guide for instructions on recording a personal greeting. To play your out of office greeting when your status is one of the appropriately configured "not available" statuses, select the Play my out of office greeting to callers when my status enables it check box. Or, you can clear this check box to play your regular greeting. Note: Your MIC System Administrator controls which status codes can trigger an out of the office greeting. These can be OO (Out of the Office), OT (Out of Town), OV (On Vacation) or any other status configured by the administrator. To prevent callers from leaving voice mail messages, select the Disallow external callers from leaving messages check box. Note: Use this option to set up a "Greetings only mailbox." When you select this option your greeting prompt is played but the caller is not allowed to leave a voicemail message. You could use this option if you are going to be absent for an extended period of time and do not want voice mail to accumulate until your return. Click Save to save your telephone interface options.

• 9.  RE: TUI Question

Posted 08-15-2012 21:51
    Originally posted by corey.small;26240
    Here is the documentation for Personal Options: https://my.inin.com/support/products/mic30/Documentation/mergedProjects/ps/configuring_the_telephone_user_interface.htm To configure the TUI: In MIC Web Access, from the Options menu, choose Telephone Interface. Result: The Telephone Interface Options page appears. In the Message Counts section, choose how you want MIC to tell you about new and saved voicemail messages, emails, and faxes by clicking the appropriate radio button for each message type. Note: By default, MIC announces how many new and saved messages of each type you have in your Inbox. To play back the number of new and saved messages in your mailbox when you log in, select Count new & saved messages. To hear only the number of new messages, select Count only new messages. If this is selected, MIC does not announce how many saved messages you have of this type. To skip the announcement of the number of new or saved messages of this type, select None. In this case, you also do not hear a prompt about how to play new or saved messages of this type. In the Playback Options section: To specify the playback mode used when you retrieve your messages: Select the Brief radio button to eliminate extra information and start the reading with the body of the message. In this mode voicemail plays without being prefaced by the date, time, and ?From? information. Email is read starting with the body of the message. This is recommended more for experienced users. Or... Select the Verbose radio button to play complete information about each message, including the date, time, and "From" information for each message. This is recommended for inexperienced users. To control the order in which messages are played, do one of the following: Select the Newest first radio button to play your new messages first. Or... Select the Oldest first radio button to play your old messages first. To play urgent (high priority) messages before other messages, select the Play urgent messages first check box. Note: This check box works in conjunction with the Order radio buttons, so that newest urgent or oldest urgent messages are played first. To hear your name when you log into your mailbox, select the Play my name when I login to my mailbox check box. Use this to confirm that you logged in correctly. To hear your current status when you log into your mailbox, select the Play my status when I login to my mailbox check box. In the Greeting Options section, you can turn your recorded greeting on or off. You can also enable the system to announce your name and status when you log into your mailbox or when callers reach your voicemail. To announce your mailbox name (either your recorded name or extension number), select the Play my name when callers reach my Voicemail check box. To announce your current status to callers, select the Play my status when callers reach my Voicemail check box. To play a personal greeting when callers reach your voicemail, select the Play my greeting when callers reach my Voicemail check box. Clear this check box to deactivate your greeting. Note: See the MIC User Guide for instructions on recording a personal greeting. To play your out of office greeting when your status is one of the appropriately configured "not available" statuses, select the Play my out of office greeting to callers when my status enables it check box. Or, you can clear this check box to play your regular greeting. Note: Your MIC System Administrator controls which status codes can trigger an out of the office greeting. These can be OO (Out of the Office), OT (Out of Town), OV (On Vacation) or any other status configured by the administrator. To prevent callers from leaving voice mail messages, select the Disallow external callers from leaving messages check box. Note: Use this option to set up a "Greetings only mailbox." When you select this option your greeting prompt is played but the caller is not allowed to leave a voicemail message. You could use this option if you are going to be absent for an extended period of time and do not want voice mail to accumulate until your return. Click Save to save your telephone interface options.
    You the man Corey!!! Thanks again.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources