PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Can not link send fax object to monitored fax object (problem with FaxId?)

Posted 09-13-2012 12:17
    Hi, We are currently upgrading to CIC4 and starting to use IceLib to send faxes from a .NET service application. My question is about the faxsample that comes with the SDK, which we use for inspiration. After a fax is send (FaxMonitorForm.OnSendFaxCompleted), in the AsyncSendFaxCompletedEventArgs there is a property FaxId that is always 0 (zero) In the monitor, when I get the properties of a certain envelope, the FaxId has a value. I would expect a behavior where in the AsyncSendFaxCompletedEventArgs I get the appropriate FaxId. In the monitor I have no reference to the original send fax. If I send 2 faxes to the same recipient and one of them fail, how can I know which one it was without the FaxId? Thanks Bart

• 2.  RE: Can not link send fax object to monitored fax object (problem with FaxId?)

Posted 09-16-2012 15:42
    A little off topic here, but why the need for Icelib to do this and not a haandler? The fax tools in Designer are quite complete and will give you confirmations on send complete or failure.

• 3.  RE: Can not link send fax object to monitored fax object (problem with FaxId?)

Posted 09-21-2012 10:54
    Thanks for you reply, Robert, A handler might also work indeed... We opted for the IceLib API to have a direct integration with our existing fax handling application. The API seems very suited, and if you look at the fax sample that comes with it, there shouldn't be a readon why it wouldn't work. problem stays that on sending a fax, we don't get a unique reference in AsyncSendFaxCompletedEventArgs (FaxId?) to the fax that was just sent. So when you monitor the sent faxes, you get no unique link to the originally sent fax in FaxMonitorUpdateEventArgs or AsyncGetFaxPropertiesEventArgs

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources