PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Reporting on calls by Skill

Posted 08-30-2012 18:43
    Hi all, I'm trying to find a way to report on calls by skill rather then by workgroup/queue. I have a customer who wants to consolidate a bunch of workgroups into one (and by extension, reduce their Attendant menus to just a few). But this is only really practical if we can find a way to run reports based on the Skill assigned. Any ideas? I'm sure the skill information is stored in the database so a custom sql or Crystal report would most likely be doable. But they would prefer to stay within the I-3 canned reports if at all possible. Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Reporting on calls by Skill

Posted 09-04-2012 14:01
    Jim, We have adopted the skills appraoch (multiple skills in a workgroup). In order to produce reports we have had to work extensivley in custom handler development to assure skills are assigned and unassigned correctly. Once working, we have had to create custom reports for I3 or bypass Crystal completely by using vasrious reporting services tools. If your goal is to do this without customizations and using I3 canned reports, I don't know if you'll find a solution. Perhaps 4.0 will be more flexible. However I beleive this will continue to be an area of opportunity for I3. Regards, Bruce

• 3.  RE: Reporting on calls by Skill

Posted 09-05-2012 19:16
    Actually, I found a way to do this in 3.0, but it isn't what you'd call easy. First you need to make a registry change to tell StatServer to start breaking workgroup/queue data down by Skill (this has to be done seperately on the primary and backup in a switchover environment, as it is not replicated). There is a KB article explaining how to do this available from ININ. However, this only makes StatServer start logging the Skills data (and only at the workgroup level). If you then want to pull that new data, you have to write custom Crystal Reports to access it. From what I'm told, in 4.0 Interaction Reporter will allow you to customize the canned reports to include Skill data, without the need to change the registry or write custom reports from scratch. Thanks

• 4.  RE: Reporting on calls by Skill

Posted 09-06-2012 10:45
    We report based on SKill however these are on custom SQL reports. There is a field in IWorkGroupQueueStats cHkey4 that corresponds to the skill the interaction came into the queue on. Regards, Colin

• 5.  RE: Reporting on calls by Skill

Posted 09-09-2012 01:42
    One solution I've seen to this is to write the skill (or call type, etc.) to the Report Group for the call, then modify the configuration in Interaction Administrator to sort the built-in queue reports by Report Group.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources