PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  SIP softphone: Counterpath

Posted 11-07-2012 19:31
    Hello everyone, I am new to using the softphone setup and was wondering if anyone has a step by step for configuring softphone on CIC 3.0 (SU9). I have downloaded the CounterPath X-Lite softphone but I am not sure how what to put in the fields to get it to work. Do I build the managed phone profile like a physical phone and use the label for the User name? Probably something simple, but i am missing it :) Thanks!

• 2.  RE: SIP softphone: Counterpath

Posted 11-07-2012 20:38
    Originally posted by TimmyTommy;27124
    Hello everyone, I am new to using the softphone setup and was wondering if anyone has a step by step for configuring softphone on CIC 3.0 (SU9). I have downloaded the CounterPath X-Lite softphone but I am not sure how what to put in the fields to get it to work. Do I build the managed phone profile like a physical phone and use the label for the User name? Probably something simple, but i am missing it :) Thanks!
    Funny story I have a doc written up on this, I only tested with X-Lite4 for another customer. This was a few years back but I documented everything I did to get it to work.[ATTACH]530[/ATTACH]

• 3.  RE: SIP softphone: Counterpath

Posted 11-08-2012 02:20
    X-lite is good for the price. Any reason you don't use the ININ one? With the X-lite, just remember it uses 5060 by default, but the CIC uses 8060 for registration.

• 4.  RE: SIP softphone: Counterpath

Posted 11-08-2012 16:41
    Ryan_H.....thanks! That is awesome! RobertWC, I have been using the built in softphone, but wanted to test with a 3rd party application. I'm mainly just testing to get a better understanding of how it works, and what other solutions we could potentially use.

• 5.  RE: SIP softphone: Counterpath

Posted 11-10-2012 10:35
    I have also used Counterpath and Zoiper in cases where the client is not using Windows. Both worked very well. The third party products also allow for more control a the Sipsoftphone is great on a local LAN or MPLS WAN, but I am unable to configure it to register against an SBC for home users etc. For the third party sip softphone I just created a standard sip station account and used the identification address to identify the X-lite softphone. In the softphone I used the CIC server as the domain and set the CIC station number as the Label and Username. This worked well.

• 6.  RE: SIP softphone: Counterpath

Posted 11-11-2012 16:06
    Keep in mind that with a switchover pair, either DNS SRV records should be used or a SIP proxy server that is aware of the status of each server and appropriately routes traffic.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources