PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Using voicemail as an announcement, don't allow leaving a message

Posted 01-07-2014 09:22
    Hi all. Users want to setup voicemail when they go on a holliday, but they don't want callers to leave any messages. One way is to setup a rule in the Interaction Client, let is play a message and disconnect. It is difficult for normal users to create wav-files in the correct manner (mono, 8 bits, ulaw), and it doesn't work because we use CIC 3su14. Seems to be solved in su15. Letting CIC read a text is not good enough, especially since the users are Dutch and German. I've search this forum and the CIC helpfiles, but couldn't find a solution. Does anyone know a way to restrict callers from leaving a message? Or an other way to acconplish this?

• 2.  RE: Using voicemail as an announcement, don't allow leaving a message

Posted 01-07-2014 13:42
    This could be done with a custom handler... but seems to me that it would be defeating the purpose of voicemail.

• 3.  RE: Using voicemail as an announcement, don't allow leaving a message

Posted 01-16-2014 10:38
    Thanks dcurrier, but we don't want a new handler to do this. Since nobody has any other idea, we will have to wait for the upgrade.

• 4.  RE: Using voicemail as an announcement, don't allow leaving a message

GENESYS
    Posted 01-16-2014 14:44
    The only thing I can think of is for an Admin to un-check the Receive Voicemail (or equivalent, might be "User has voicemail in 3.0) Security right on the user in IA, and have the user record and activate the Out of Office message in the Client. That should play the Out of Office message, then roll back to the main menu since there is no voicemail.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources