PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Proxy Unlicensed?

Posted 01-27-2014 16:14
    Hello, I had quick question. We have a branch office that has an IC proxy server. A while ago, the phones at the office began taking at least an hour to boot, would fail then resort back to their last good boot. I worked with our provider and they determined there was an network issue causing the phones to not receive their config info from the IC servers. At first, I was told the phones would register back to our IC servers at our main site and if they couldn't see the main IC servers, they'd switch over to the proxy. It was then explained to me that the phones don't actually contact the main site IC server but they receive their info from the branch proxy server. Today, we discovered that the branch site proxy server has been unlicensed for some time now(our provider is working on getting it re-licensed). In my mind, it's all starting to make sense now. If the proxy isn't licensed, it can't do its job and therefore the phones won't be getting their config info. I just wanted to confirm with more knowledgeable people my thoughts. Does this all make sense? Feel free to tell me i'm crazy.

• 2.  RE: Proxy Unlicensed?

Posted 01-28-2014 02:08
    Yes, an unlicensed proxy could very well cause issues... though the hour of provisioning sounds like more was going on. For the Interaction SIP Proxy, there is a setting called "Provision Proxy" where the proxy server copies over phone provisioning files from the CIC server and allows phones to provision directly from it rather than going across a WAN to the CIC servers. However, this will only happen if DHCP has option 160/66 configured to point the phones to the local SIP proxy for provisioning.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources