PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  IceLib web application not working when deployed on IIS

Posted 02-21-2014 12:39
    hello, i have created an icelib web application inside which it creates a session using connect.session(). i am able to create this session when i run the application in debug mode(press F5) on VS2010. but the same application fails to create session and throws an error on connect.session() call. can any one help me here what is worng with the iis7. is there anything related to cerificate. FYI, the iis is on one server and IC is installed on another server. Thanks in advance, Shilpa

• 2.  RE: IceLib web application not working when deployed on IIS

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 02-25-2014 15:52
    Hello jpshilpa, How are you specifying the connection credentials? If I had to take a guess, I bet you are using stored credentials - this would allow your local machine to connect (if you've logged into the client before) while the IIS server is not likely to have any stored credentials. If you are manually specifying the credentials, then perhaps you should check the ININ logs for exceptions, warnings and/or errors. Posting the relevant information here might give us, and you, a better understanding of what is happening to the session object.

• 3.  RE: IceLib web application not working when deployed on IIS

Posted 02-26-2014 12:52
    Thanks for the reply. We have given option for the user to key in the credentials - this user must have an account in IC Users. So the same user credential is used in Connect.Session(). And i see the error something like this: The communication format was not properly negotiated. Your connection will be dropped. Top Exception Type=ININ.IceLib.IceLibException Source=ININ.IceLib Message=The communication format was not properly negotiated. Your connection will be dropped. StackTrace: at ININ.IceLib.Connection.Session.EstablishConnection() in d:\eic_rum_su16\products\eic\src\icelib\Core\Session.cs:line 1422 at ININ.IceLib.Connection.Session.ConnectImpl(SessionSettings sessionSettings, HostSettings hostSettings, AuthSettings authSettings, StationSettings stationSettings) in d:\eic_rum_su16\products\eic\src\icelib\Core\Session.cs:line 845 at ININ.IceLib.Connection.Session.Connect(SessionSettings sessionSettings, HostSettings hostSettings, AuthSettings authSettings, StationSettings stationSettings) in d:\eic_rum_su16\products\eic\src\icelib\Core\Session.cs:line 909

• 4.  RE: IceLib web application not working when deployed on IIS

Posted 03-13-2014 13:50
    Just a thought: When you run under IIS, you are normally running under a restricted account. Make that *very* restricted. Have you checked the rights of the user who is running your application? I seem to remember something from way back about not being able to use the network for outgoing connections under certain scenarios. YMMV

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources