PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Switch outbound calls to new SIP Trunk

Posted 05-13-2014 01:27
    What is the best way to move outbound call traffic from one SIP Trunk to the next? I have two SIP Proxies, one for each carrier. Can I modify the SIP Proxy Priority in the SIP Line configuration so that new calls ship out the other proxy? Do I have to reboot handsets or servers to make the change? The other way I see doing this is to change the routing priority on the SIP Proxy itself but I?m not sure if that is a better method than above. Thanks, Gavin

• 2.  RE: Switch outbound calls to new SIP Trunk

Posted 05-13-2014 13:21
    How are you load balancing the calls across both SIP trunks? Do you have a line for each SIP proxy and then have both lines in a line group? Can you give some background as to what exactly you are trying to do? Do you want to do load balancing or is this a temporary setup where you only use the second line for a specific reason.

• 3.  RE: Switch outbound calls to new SIP Trunk

Posted 05-13-2014 13:48
    Platform = CIC 3.0 Su17 The business wants me to flip a magic switch and move traffic from one Trunk to the next (they have MUGS for each circuit). They want me to do this with minimal impact to the end user. Note the word magic! Each SIP trunk is configured with its own line and line group. In dial plan I set the Line Groups on each dial plan entry. SIP Trunk A is first and SIP Trunk B is second. I have routes for each trunk configured on the SIP Proxies. Proxy A has SIP Trunk A at the highest priority; Proxy B has SIP Trunk B at the highest priority. There are a few ways I can think of doing this. Not reporting friendly 1) Switch the trunk priority of the outbound route on the SIP Proxy. I think I would have to restart the SIP Proxy service to do this. 2) Switch the Proxy priority in the Line Group. Not sure what effects this has on the end user or system. Reporting friendly 1) Have two dial plans. I would import the dial plan for whichever SIP Trunk I wanted to use. Does this method require a phone reboot or service cycle to take? 2) Some sort of handler that watches usage and dynamically moves calls from one trunk to the other based on total usage for a period of time. I want to follow best practices and meet the business need. I?m a noob at this so I appreciate any insight you have. Thanks, Gavin

• 4.  RE: Switch outbound calls to new SIP Trunk

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 05-13-2014 15:07
    1. I would create one dedicated SIP Line for each SIP Proxy/SIP Trunk carrier 2. I would create two dedicated Line Group for each of these lines 3. Use the dialplan to change the priority by switching the line group around The above changes are dynamic and no reboots/reset are required. -Glenn

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources