PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Agent Chat Window Disabling Attachments

Posted 10-14-2015 17:28
    We are on 2015 R2 Patch 10, does anyone know if there is a way to disable the attachment button on the bottom right corner of the agent's chat window? Ang

• 2.  RE: Agent Chat Window Disabling Attachments

Posted 10-16-2015 01:53
    Originally posted by ailegna5;32705
    We are on 2015 R2 Patch 10, does anyone know if there is a way to disable the attachment button on the bottom right corner of the agent's chat window? Ang
    There is not, I have seen a few request for this but best option would be to submit it on ideas.inin.com

• 3.  RE: Agent Chat Window Disabling Attachments

• 4.  RE: Agent Chat Window Disabling Attachments

Posted 10-16-2015 20:16
    I believe we found a work around for disabling the chat file transfer. It requires a small modification to one of the .js files that is used with web chat. What the fix does is essentially not hyperlink the sent file, so the agent can attempt to send a file however the end user can only see the file name and does not have the ability to click a link and access the file. Not an ideal solution but it does prevent file transfers. Not sure if this would be helpful in your situation but if you're interested let me know and I'll send you more details. Regards, Shane

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources