PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Actions on workgroups

Posted 07-23-2014 14:45
    We have an action which triggers on a certain workgroup within our system. The action generates a popup window with some parameters passed to another application as a means of data collection. I'm told that if this call is transferred the action will be transferred as well and will trigger again when the call reaches the next workgroup even if that workgroup is not in the set which triggered the actions in the first place. I'm told there is no way around this. I'd like to confirm that, is there anything that can be done to an action to invalidate it on transfer?

• 2.  RE: Actions on workgroups

Posted 07-24-2014 14:10
    What version of CIC are you running? We used CIC 3.0 and do not believe actions work like that in our environment. For ACD workgroups you have actions for Alerting and transfer. It is my understanding that the alerting option is queue specific so if its set on the first queue but not the second queue you should not have an alerting action on the second queue no matter how the call gets in the second queue. Nowhere in the help file does it say actions will move with the interaction so I think you won't see the behavior you are expecting.

• 3.  RE: Actions on workgroups

Posted 07-24-2014 20:28
    Originally posted by MarkT;31051
    What version of CIC are you running? We used CIC 3.0 and do not believe actions work like that in our environment. For ACD workgroups you have actions for Alerting and transfer. It is my understanding that the alerting option is queue specific so if its set on the first queue but not the second queue you should not have an alerting action on the second queue no matter how the call gets in the second queue. Nowhere in the help file does it say actions will move with the interaction so I think you won't see the behavior you are expecting.
    Not sure to be honest, not my system. I'm trying to validate what I'm told is impossible. I know it's an Alerting Action, and it does pop on the next workgroup even if that workgroup has no action IF the first workgroup did have the action. So far this is all I've found, not sure if it's going to help. http://community.inin.com/forums/showthread.php?7366-Actions-Screen-Pop-Transfers&highlight=Alerting+Action

• 4.  RE: Actions on workgroups

Posted 07-25-2014 13:05
    Do you have access to a PC that has the Interaction Client software installed on? Go browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Interactive Intelligence\ICUserApps and find Interaction Client.exe. Open properties of Interaction Client and click on details. Paste in the file version of the executable. We will assume that the clients are on the same SU level as the server and this should tell us what CIC version and SU level you are at. Also maybe one of the moderators here can comment officially on how this works. Do you have a var, could you ask your var for help tracking this down?

• 5.  RE: Actions on workgroups

Posted 07-25-2014 16:44
    Originally posted by MarkT;31062
    Do you have access to a PC that has the Interaction Client software installed on? Go browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Interactive Intelligence\ICUserApps and find Interaction Client.exe. Open properties of Interaction Client and click on details. Paste in the file version of the executable. We will assume that the clients are on the same SU level as the server and this should tell us what CIC version and SU level you are at. Also maybe one of the moderators here can comment officially on how this works. Do you have a var, could you ask your var for help tracking this down?
    Ah good idea, product version 3.14.11.13005 **file version is same as above

• 6.  RE: Actions on workgroups

Posted 07-26-2014 00:38
    Alright that should be 3.0 SU 14. I don't have time to set up a test with my 3.0 test system but we also use 3.0 and I have never personally experienced this issue on our 3.0 system nor have my agents complained of this and I would suspect they would since it seems rather annoying. Do you have a Var you can open an incident with to confirm how things should work?

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources