PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  how to debug call bridge action

Posted 09-29-2016 03:12
    Hi all, i would like to know to if there is a place for debug the call bridge action or ivr call flow. Currently, i have added a call bridge action in my ivr call flow, and this action is retrieve contact by telephone number through a salesforce data dip connector. during testing, it always go to failure path, i added a play audio to play all the variables which the action returned, all the variable are played successfully. i couldn't find a place to see the ivr call flow log or that bridge action log to see that bridge action error for diagnostic, i have downloaded the connector log and tried increase the log level to trace, however, it doesn't help, is there any other place have those information?

• 2.  RE: how to debug call bridge action

GENESYS
    Posted 09-29-2016 05:17
    Did you download the bridge server logs as well as the connector logs? The connector logs should contain error info for failed attempts to connect to Salesforce. You will also need to check the Salesforce side to see if the messages are getting there in the first place. Other logging info is not available to you. It is stored in the cloud, and only accessible by Support/Developers. If you can't find anything in the Bridge logs or on the Salesforce side, you'll probably have to contact Support. You could also try putting Wireshark on the Bridge server and see if packets are being sent out to Salesforce...I think you would see something there locally. They would be encrypted, but you could at least see if something is being sent.

• 3.  RE: how to debug call bridge action

Posted 09-29-2016 06:24
    thanks for you reply, i will try to get the bridge server to check. actually, the problem is i don't know why it go to the failure path after the bridge action, as i mentioned, if i add "play audio" to play all output variables in the failure path, all variable can play successfully, so i am sure the connection between salesforce is no problem. just would like to check and debug the bridge action.

• 4.  RE: how to debug call bridge action

GENESYS
    Posted 09-29-2016 07:30
    Sorry, I wasn't paying close attention - I thought you were checking the variables going into the action to verify the inputs were fine. I should have slowed down. No, no logs you can get to for determining why it took the Failure path. I'm thinking you'll probably need to contact Support. One other thing (the only documentation I could find on why it might take the failure path even if data is there): "For each connector action, the connector retrieves one search result from your CRM. If a connector action finds that there are no search results or more than one search result, the failure path from the Call Bridge Action in Architect is followed; the connector returns no information from your CRM." Is it possible multiple results are being returned, so it fails, but the output variables got populated with one of the results? Do you have the Debug option when you click the drop-down arrow next to the Publish button while editing the flow? That might give you an audible clue of what's happening, as it reads back each step as it goes through the IVR.

• 5.  RE: how to debug call bridge action

Posted 09-29-2016 10:00
    i checked the search result only return 1 record. Also, i don't have the debug option and no down arrow next to publish button, i have already granted all the architect permission to my user, is there any place to enable it? or need to contact support to enable?

• 6.  RE: how to debug call bridge action

GENESYS
    Posted 09-29-2016 10:47
    Debug in Architect has not been fully released yet. I run on a pre-release version, and I couldn't remember what was in production. So, standard sites like yours do not have it yet.

• 7.  RE: how to debug call bridge action

Posted 09-30-2016 04:03
    thank you very much for your help. i think the problem maybe my "set screen pop" action in the success path, my design is very simple, after press 7 from main menu, it go to the task->call bridge action-> if success "set screen pop"->"Transfer to ACD" if failure "play audio" -> disconnect if i replace "set screen pop" with a "play audio", the flow will go success path. if i bring back my "set screen pop" in the success path, it go to failure path. if i remove the "play audio" in the failure path, it would go to success path and the screen pop works normally. it is quite strange but i have no tool to debug and do step trace.

• 8.  RE: how to debug call bridge action

GENESYS
    Posted 09-30-2016 05:43
    Hmmm. How about if you put the Play Audio followed by the Set Screen Pop on the Success side?

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources