PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Video feature on Polycom VVX 500/600 Phones

Posted 07-26-2017 17:41
    We saw Polycom has USB video attached to VVX 500/600 Phones and was able to make video calls during CX Conference. We did not get a change to get an explanation on how are these integrated with PureConnect (if it can be integrated with PC). Has anyone use video capability on Polycom VVX 500/600 Phones integrated with PureConnect? Or any reference on who do we need to talk to? Thank you, I3_User

• 2.  RE: Video feature on Polycom VVX 500/600 Phones

Posted 07-27-2017 00:28
    PureConnect itself does not support he Video function, but as long as the CODEC (G.722) if I remember is allowed and direct paths are used between the phones, once the SIP connection and RTP is setup, then the two phones can request the video portion as well. I tried back on 3.0 and it worked fine.

• 3.  RE: Video feature on Polycom VVX 500/600 Phones

Posted 07-27-2017 16:38
    Originally posted by RobertWC;35550
    PureConnect itself does not support he Video function, but as long as the CODEC (G.722) if I remember is allowed and direct paths are used between the phones, once the SIP connection and RTP is setup, then the two phones can request the video portion as well. I tried back on 3.0 and it worked fine.
    Hi RobertWC, Thank you for the reply. So in your case, my guess the phones will be un-managed phone with direct path between the phones since PC will reject the video connection.

• 4.  RE: Video feature on Polycom VVX 500/600 Phones

Posted 07-27-2017 16:50
    No, these were managed phones, but the audio path between the phones were direct, so when the phone initiated the video, they sent an update message directly to the other phone.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources