PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Video feature on Polycom VVX 500/600 Phones

GENESYS
    Posted 07-26-2017 17:41
    We saw Polycom has USB video attached to VVX 500/600 Phones and was able to make video calls during CX Conference. We did not get a change to get an explanation on how are these integrated with PureConnect (if it can be integrated with PC). Has anyone use video capability on Polycom VVX 500/600 Phones integrated with PureConnect? Or any reference on who do we need to talk to? Thank you, I3_User

• 2.  RE: Video feature on Polycom VVX 500/600 Phones

Posted 07-27-2017 00:28
    PureConnect itself does not support he Video function, but as long as the CODEC (G.722) if I remember is allowed and direct paths are used between the phones, once the SIP connection and RTP is setup, then the two phones can request the video portion as well. I tried back on 3.0 and it worked fine.

• 3.  RE: Video feature on Polycom VVX 500/600 Phones

GENESYS
    Posted 07-27-2017 16:38
    Originally posted by RobertWC;35550
    PureConnect itself does not support he Video function, but as long as the CODEC (G.722) if I remember is allowed and direct paths are used between the phones, once the SIP connection and RTP is setup, then the two phones can request the video portion as well. I tried back on 3.0 and it worked fine.
    Hi RobertWC, Thank you for the reply. So in your case, my guess the phones will be un-managed phone with direct path between the phones since PC will reject the video connection.

• 4.  RE: Video feature on Polycom VVX 500/600 Phones

Posted 07-27-2017 16:50
    No, these were managed phones, but the audio path between the phones were direct, so when the phone initiated the video, they sent an update message directly to the other phone.