PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

IC client not pulling Outlook Contacts for users migrated to Exchange 2013 server

• 1.  IC client not pulling Outlook Contacts for users migrated to Exchange 2013 server

Posted 12-03-2014 16:32
    Hello, We have two Exchange servers, a 2007 server, and a 2013 server. There are 5 users on the new Exchange 2013 server testing it right now, with some more scheduled to go shortly. We've noticed that when the user's mailbox is moved to the new Exchange server, the IC client will no longer pull Outlook Contacts. The user's Outlook is configured correctly by the Autodiscover service, and Outlook / Lync both function fine. We've also restarted the I3 client and the issue will not resolve. Is there something we have to do on the CIC server or the new Exchange 2013 server to make this work? The issue is with both the Interaction Client .NET Edition 4.0 SU4 and 4.0 SU6ES. We are on 4.0 SU6.

• 2.  RE: IC client not pulling Outlook Contacts for users migrated to Exchange 2013 server

Posted 12-04-2014 17:15
    in Mail Configuration - did you setup the new server and account with proper permissions? Richard www.QoSTelesys.com Help is only an email away!

• 3.  RE: IC client not pulling Outlook Contacts for users migrated to Exchange 2013 server

Posted 12-04-2014 17:22
    Originally posted by socal99;31748
    in Mail Configuration - did you setup the new server and account with proper permissions? Richard www.QoSTelesys.com Help is only an email away!
    Ok it says to use Autodiscover to get the Exchange Web Services URL. The dilemma is that if it does this, the account, ICAdmin will return the Exchange 2007 server because ICAdmin@domain.com mailbox is on that server. If I migrate that mailbox to the 2013 server, which is an easy point click configuration, the Autodiscover service should point ICAdmin to the new server. Now my dillema is will this fix Outlook Contacts for people on the new server, but break it for people on the old server? If so then I have to wait to move ICAdmin over until at least the majority of users are also moved to the new server.

• 4.  RE: IC client not pulling Outlook Contacts for users migrated to Exchange 2013 server

Posted 12-05-2014 04:06
    With this move are you also moving from MAPI to EWS? If so this requires that you setup a new Contact List Source to pull in Outlook Private Contacts through EWS. See the EWS Tech Ref Page 16.

• 5.  RE: IC client not pulling Outlook Contacts for users migrated to Exchange 2013 server

Posted 12-05-2014 12:09
    Originally posted by corey.small;31750
    With this move are you also moving from MAPI to EWS? If so this requires that you setup a new Contact List Source to pull in Outlook Private Contacts through EWS. See the EWS Tech Ref Page 16.
    It says I do not have access to that application. Can you upload it of if I PM you can you email it to me? My understanding is Exchange 2013 no longer supports MAPI (unless its the newfangled MAPI over HTTPS which is only supported in Outlook 2013 at the moment). I'm hoping they can co-exist. On the Exchange 2013 server I see the last entry was 12/4 at 8 AM (nothing since then though) from MSExchangeRBAC Process w3wp.exe, "RBAC authorization returns Access Denied for user domain.com/Interactive Intelligence/ICAdmin. Reason: No role assignments associated with the specified user were found on Domain Controler DC2.domain.com" I put ICAdmin in the HelpDesk role which gives access to Exchange Mailboxes and I'm not seeing that error since then.

• 6.  RE: IC client not pulling Outlook Contacts for users migrated to Exchange 2013 server

Posted 12-05-2014 13:03
    Not sure if this is related, but on the CIC server in Application event logs I get this very frequently: Event ID: 3600 Source: Interaction Center Data Manager error -17386 in DMMAILBOX.cpp, 218: The DS lookup of user '?' failed, or did not return any data.

• 7.  RE: IC client not pulling Outlook Contacts for users migrated to Exchange 2013 server

Posted 01-06-2015 17:10
    Originally posted by corey.small;31750
    Any ideas on this? In Mail Configuration if I do edit on the domain name, mapi is NOT checked. Eanable Exchange web services is checked. Calendar configuration is not filled out. Just the domain name appears in the bottom, and when you edit that it says Use IC Administrator account credentials. For Directories it says Exchange(EWS)

• 8.  RE: IC client not pulling Outlook Contacts for users migrated to Exchange 2013 server

Posted 01-06-2015 17:44
    Mailbox test shows sucess querying directory entry. A test message is successfully sent, but test message retrieval says failure opening message store: unknown result. Does the ICAdmin user account need it's mailbox migrated to exchange 2013 server? Would that fix it, and if that is done does anything need to be restarted?

• 9.  RE: IC client not pulling Outlook Contacts for users migrated to Exchange 2013 server

Posted 01-19-2015 14:55
    After moving the icadmin account to the Exchange 2013 server and also granting impersonation rights for the account on exchange, Voice mail is now working properly. The only thing we cannot get to work is the Outlook Contacts pulling into the I3 client.

• 10.  RE: IC client not pulling Outlook Contacts for users migrated to Exchange 2013 server

Posted 01-20-2015 20:26
    A new Contact List Source will need to be created for private contacts to appear in the client via EWS. Check out page 16 of the Exchange Web Services technical reference (IC Documentation Library, Technical Reference Documents). It has screenshots showing how to do this.

• 11.  RE: IC client not pulling Outlook Contacts for users migrated to Exchange 2013 server

Posted 01-21-2015 13:42
    Originally posted by dcurrier;31834
    A new Contact List Source will need to be created for private contacts to appear in the client via EWS. Check out page 16 of the Exchange Web Services technical reference (IC Documentation Library, Technical Reference Documents). It has screenshots showing how to do this.
    Even with Exchange 2007 we were using EWS (not MAPI). So I'm not sure why a new contact source needs to be created. Also IC Public Contacts are gone too. With logging turned up to 100, the IC Client throws a null exception when clicking on "There was a problem loading this directory. click here to try again". I will review the documentation though just to make sure we've got all angles crossed.

• 12.  RE: IC client not pulling Outlook Contacts for users migrated to Exchange 2013 server

Posted 01-21-2015 14:13
    Originally posted by kjstech;31836
    Even with Exchange 2007 we were using EWS (not MAPI). So I'm not sure why a new contact source needs to be created. Also IC Public Contacts are gone too. With logging turned up to 100, the IC Client throws a null exception when clicking on "There was a problem loading this directory. click here to try again". I will review the documentation though just to make sure we've got all angles crossed.
    I have it setup exactly like page 16/17 says. I have a case open but if I can solve this before the month turnaround time for ININ to get an answer to my vendor to get an answer to me, that would be really appreciated.

• 13.  RE: IC client not pulling Outlook Contacts for users migrated to Exchange 2013 server

Posted 01-21-2015 19:13
    Ah - I assumed you were using MAPI previously... Restart DataManager (turn up this and PostOfficeServer/EWS logs to 80) and try it again. Check the logs for error if it still doesn't work.

• 14.  RE: IC client not pulling Outlook Contacts for users migrated to Exchange 2013 server

Posted 01-27-2015 20:38
    Originally posted by dcurrier;31839
    Ah - I assumed you were using MAPI previously... Restart DataManager (turn up this and PostOfficeServer/EWS logs to 80) and try it again. Check the logs for error if it still doesn't work.
    We have random switchovers sometimes because our two CIC servers are across the WAN (we are looking forward to 2015 R1's enhanced Switchover parameters designed for this), so I guess what happened we switched over, so we rebooted primary and sometime in the middle of the night we switched back and now its all working. Perhaps that service needed to be restarted which I wouldn't of known which service to restart. I just restarted Post Office Service thinking that was it but I was wrong. Anyway its all working so all is well. Thanks for your help!

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources