PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Which Handler inserts into 'IR_RecordingMedia' and 'IR_CustomAttribute' tables?

Posted 01-16-2018 07:03
    At what point does the Recordings information be inserted into the 'IR_RecordingMedia' and other 'IR_' tables? I checked in the logs too, but could not find the Handler name that does these insertions. Could you point me to this Handler? I have a requirement to tag few Attributes to an interaction by default and then get the values verified on call with the user and tag the updated attribute values to that interaction. I am using IceLib to trigger the Handler and set Attributes from my Web UI. The combination of RecordingID and CustomAttributID is a Primary key on 'IR_CustomAttribute' table, so I cannot have duplicate entries. My plan is to add a customization point somewhere in the handler which checks if there is an entry in the 'IR_CustomAttribute' table for a given recording ID and do an update, else do an insert. Thanks in advance! Shilpa

• 2.  RE: Which Handler inserts into 'IR_RecordingMedia' and 'IR_CustomAttribute' tables?

Posted 01-16-2018 15:05
    Shilpa, I don't believe the logic for recording insert is anywhere in handlers. This logic is going to be housed in the Recorder Server subsystem and probably is not accessible to you. I don't fully understand what you are trying to do but there is a built in function within Interaction Recorder Policy Editor where you can store interaction attribute X to the recording. The attribute will be written to the database to be returned, or searched on, in the recorder tab in ICBM. Could you do the validation of the attribute while the call is connected to the agent? I don't think you will be able to prevent the table update or update an existing entry in the recording database however. --Mark

• 3.  RE: Which Handler inserts into 'IR_RecordingMedia' and 'IR_CustomAttribute' tables?

Posted 01-18-2018 06:43
    Agent will verify few information from the caller in the Pop UI and update few of the fields in the UI. I need to tag these authentication information as Custom Attributes to the on-going call interaction. After the agent has verified the information, he/she will click on a button in the UI, and that is when I will trigger a Custom notification handler using IceLib to set these Custom attributes to the Interaction. I have already added those attributes under Policy Editor in IA. I want to make sure these Custom attributes are set to the interaction by default (with default values) initially on the Page load, and then on click of the button, I will set those same attributes with the agent updated values on the UI. Question: Will the Database tables inserts occur immediately, I mean, by the time I set the attributes initially and then set the attributes again on click of a button (in a gap of 2-3 mins), will the Database inserts happened already? Or will it wait for the Interaction to end and then insert into Database?

• 4.  RE: Which Handler inserts into 'IR_RecordingMedia' and 'IR_CustomAttribute' tables?

Posted 01-18-2018 15:08
    It sounds like you have everything set up correctly and you should be fine. I'm not sure if the IR entries get written when the call disconnects, or when the call deallocates from the system (roughly 2 minutes after the call disconnects). I suspect its written when the call deallocates. This means as long as the attributes are set before the call disconnects they will show up in the IR attribute table and you should see them in Interaction Recorder.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources