PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Provisioning and Registration process failure

Posted 08-20-2015 15:12
    I am having trouble with a remote site registering phones. The provisioning completes and the new firmware shows within IA. After that, the phones stay in a "not registered" state. Does anyone know the order of operations for provisioning/registrations including ports for troubleshooting? I am unable to find the proper documents or similar issues from anyone else. Thank you in advance,

• 2.  RE: Provisioning and Registration process failure

GENESYS
    Posted 08-20-2015 15:15
    Provisioning is over HTTP port 8088. registration is over UDP or TCP or TLS (whatever you have configured in IA, sent during provisioning). TCP and UDP are port 8060, TLS is port 8061.

• 3.  RE: Provisioning and Registration process failure

Posted 08-20-2015 15:28
    Originally posted by GGanahl;32458
    Provisioning is over HTTP port 8088. registration is over UDP or TCP or TLS (whatever you have configured in IA, sent during provisioning). TCP and UDP are port 8060, TLS is port 8061.
    Thank you! What is the order of operations for this? From what I understand, the provisioning happens (giving the phone any firmware and registration ip info, etc) then the registration happens. is that correct?

• 4.  RE: Provisioning and Registration process failure

GENESYS
    Posted 08-20-2015 15:55
    Originally posted by BackITup;32459
    Thank you! What is the order of operations for this? From what I understand, the provisioning happens (giving the phone any firmware and registration ip info, etc) then the registration happens. is that correct?
    That order is correct. Also, in a Switchover environment, the Provisioning is done based on DNS Host A records, and the Registration is done based on DNS SRV records. So, it's possible you have something not configured properly in DNS. Look at the Domain setting on the registration lines in IA (Stations-UDP, Stations-TCP, etc by default) and see where the phones are being told to register as part of the provisioning, then make sure the phones can actually reach that domain name.

• 5.  RE: Provisioning and Registration process failure

Posted 08-21-2015 21:01
    Originally posted by GGanahl;32462
    That order is correct. Also, in a Switchover environment, the Provisioning is done based on DNS Host A records, and the Registration is done based on DNS SRV records. So, it's possible you have something not configured properly in DNS. Look at the Domain setting on the registration lines in IA (Stations-UDP, Stations-TCP, etc by default) and see where the phones are being told to register as part of the provisioning, then make sure the phones can actually reach that domain name.
    Thank you very much, I believe it was this last item that was causing issues. I appreciate the quick responses and time invested!

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources