PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Get time down to the millisecond?

Posted 03-15-2017 21:01
    Is there any way to get a timestamp down to the millisecond using Designer?

• 2.  RE: Get time down to the millisecond?

GENESYS
    Posted 03-15-2017 21:58
    Not that I can find. That is a shortcoming of handlers. I think IPA can go to milliseconds, but can't pass that back to IP. I even used a DB Stored Procedure and used the Runtime Expression to query the DB with "SELECT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP" which is supposed to return the date-time down to the millisecond, but the handler truncated it to the nearest second.

• 3.  RE: Get time down to the millisecond?

Posted 03-15-2017 22:11
    Originally posted by GGanahl;34973
    Not that I can find. That is a shortcoming of handlers. I think IPA can go to milliseconds, but can't pass that back to IP. I even used a DB Stored Procedure and used the Runtime Expression to query the DB with "SELECT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP" which is supposed to return the date-time down to the millisecond, but the handler truncated it to the nearest second.
    Well, poop on a stick. Thanks.

• 4.  RE: Get time down to the millisecond?

Posted 03-17-2017 15:19
    You could write a custom toolstep to do this.

• 5.  RE: Get time down to the millisecond?

Posted 03-17-2017 19:44
    I suppose, but it's such a basic thing it would probably make more sense just to shell out rather than invest all that time and energy. I've looked at the sample code provided, and it's so old that Visual Studio can't even open it anymore, plus I'm leering of doing something custom like that via a method that isn't supported by the vendor with a production system target.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources