PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  generating .mst files for application installation

Posted 09-21-2017 10:26
    Hello all, Is there a simple away (other than using orca) to generate application install files for the roll out on 600 PC's I need to generate 4 application packages for different roles and it would be really helpfull if this can be done in a simple way. Thanks Ruud

• 2.  RE: generating .mst files for application installation

Posted 09-27-2017 17:18
    Originally posted by NiteOwls;35865
    Hello all, Is there a simple away (other than using orca) to generate application install files for the roll out on 600 PC's I need to generate 4 application packages for different roles and it would be really helpfull if this can be done in a simple way. Thanks Ruud
    I'd be interested to hear that too, we'll have to deploy the Client upgrade to 300+ workstation through the network push soon... The simple and seemingly most obvious solution to this would be if the Interactive Intelligence could provide it, at least to drive the installation through the default path. We received an installation package that actually includes .mst for the language plugin and it's patches (bilingual system), but not for the Client and it's patches. And not for the KB's that are part of the requirement for this version.

• 3.  RE: generating .mst files for application installation

GENESYS
    Posted 09-27-2017 17:28
    Originally posted by KrisL;35904
    I'd be interested to hear that too, we'll have to deploy the Client upgrade to 300+ workstation through the network push soon... The simple and seemingly most obvious solution to this would be if the Interactive Intelligence could provide it, at least to drive the installation through the default path. We received an installation package that actually includes .mst for the language plugin and it's patches (bilingual system), but not for the Client and it's patches. And not for the KB's that are part of the requirement for this version.
    For upgrades to IC software, Interactive Update is the preferred method. However, I presume you need to do the base Client install for at least some folks as well?

• 4.  RE: generating .mst files for application installation

Posted 10-02-2017 13:26
    Originally posted by GGanahl;35906
    For upgrades to IC software, Interactive Update is the preferred method. However, I presume you need to do the base Client install for at least some folks as well?
    I've never heard of Interactive Update; we are about to go from v.4.0 SU6 to 2016R4, and we just received a bunch of .msi files for that, and a setup.exe which still prompts for manual input - something we can't have on SCCM push. It was the same with all the previous upgrades. Even for the v.2016 we need the workstation Client install because the Web Client does not have full functionality we need. So, it's a deployment of Interaction Desktop on 300+ stations for us.

• 5.  RE: generating .mst files for application installation

GENESYS
    Posted 10-02-2017 14:39
    You may want to read up on it a bit... https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedProjects/wh_tr/desktop/interactive_update.htm?rhsearch=interactive%20update&rhsyns=%20 It can be used to install Interaction Desktop, etc. as long as you already have the Interactive Update Client already installed on the workstation (so, install the update client with AD Group Policy, then install everything else via Interactive Update). Also, if you haven't seen it, the Tech Ref on Group Policy Deployment: https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedProjects/wh_tr/desktop/group_policy.htm I know there is a way to designate which features of Interaction Desktop to install (like using a .mst file), but the details aren't in the tech ref and I can't remember off the top of my head...I'd have to sit down and figure it out.

• 6.  RE: generating .mst files for application installation

Posted 10-02-2017 16:07
    Originally posted by GGanahl;35917
    You may want to read up on it a bit... https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedProjects/wh_tr/desktop/interactive_update.htm?rhsearch=interactive%20update&rhsyns=%20 It can be used to install Interaction Desktop, etc. as long as you already have the Interactive Update Client already installed on the workstation (so, install the update client with AD Group Policy, then install everything else via Interactive Update). Also, if you haven't seen it, the Tech Ref on Group Policy Deployment: https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedProjects/wh_tr/desktop/group_policy.htm I know there is a way to designate which features of Interaction Desktop to install (like using a .mst file), but the details aren't in the tech ref and I can't remember off the top of my head...I'd have to sit down and figure it out.
    Thanks George, I remember reading about the Interactive Update now, but we can use it once we get into the 201X version and we are not there yet. Looking forward to it. Second doc you referenced actually lists where on Orca are the features of the Client and how they can be turned on or off. We can use that for this stage, i.e. moving from 4.0 to 2016. I will forward it to the guy who is actually working on this. Thanks again.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources