PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Extracting Managed IP phones from Administrator

Posted 01-11-2017 04:14
    Hello everyone, I am new to the forum, but excited about the how much I know I will learn from you all. I am "ICCS" and I am a Jr. Network Engineer, but my company is moving at light speed. My Boss asked me to provide him with a list of every phone we have in the company, which I know is located under "Managed IP Phones". However, I am not sure how to export this information. Could someone please help me with this or point me in the right direction? He would like the Make/model/number IP adderss etc? Is there anyway to do this without using some kind of script? He told me about this this evening, but need it tomorrow. I guess he thought it was a straight forward solution. Thanks for any help that can be provided.:confused:

• 2.  RE: Extracting Managed IP phones from Administrator

GENESYS
    Posted 01-11-2017 14:34
    I don't know of a real quick thread or method...someone out there probably already has a script. The information is all stored in the Registry on the IC server. One quick way to export all the info is in Interaction Administrator, File menu, Export, which allows you to export everything to CSV. From there, use filters to view "Workstation" in the Class column, which will show you every station with all of its settings...one row per setting. Now, that doesn't mean it shows the individual phones for sure...some phones are configured with multiple stations (multiple line appearances), but you'll see the same IP address in the Line column for those. From there narrow down using filters to see just the info you want ("Value Name" column). For example, "Phone Model" to see the assign model, "Line" to see the IP address, "Phone Manufacturer" to see the brand of phone, "MAC Address" to see the MAC, "SIP ID Address" to see station name, "Extension" for the extension, etc. It will take a bit of work to get the filters set the way you want, but I think it's the fastest way to get what you need out of the system based on what you have installed by default.

• 3.  RE: Extracting Managed IP phones from Administrator

Posted 01-11-2017 17:20
    I have some powershell scripts that gather info about the stations from the registry. The script would need to be modified to gather everything you are looking for. If this would be helpful I can send you a link.

• 4.  RE: Extracting Managed IP phones from Administrator

Posted 01-11-2017 19:32
    Tcannon, that would be great. This was the first time we were requested to provide something like this.

• 5.  RE: Extracting Managed IP phones from Administrator

Posted 01-11-2017 19:36
    There are several scripts under here: https://github.com/TheTimCannon/CICMaintenance/tree/master/PowerShell The most relevant one will be in the Stations folder.

• 6.  RE: Extracting Managed IP phones from Administrator

GENESYS
    Posted 01-11-2017 20:30
    See...I thought someone would have a script :-)

• 7.  RE: Extracting Managed IP phones from Administrator

Posted 01-12-2017 01:40
    There is a handler on Marketplace called CIC System Report handler that does this and many other reports including licenses.

• 8.  RE: Extracting Managed IP phones from Administrator

Posted 01-12-2017 15:58
    Blue i sent you a PM

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources