PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Pre-Upgrade proceedure

Posted 02-23-2018 21:40
    Hi All, My predecessor, before leaving, sent me a document on the process they followed when upgrade our system. The first thing on the list is send an e-mail to supportcentralservicesdeliverymanagement@inin.com. What is the reasoning behind this process? What does sending this before the upgrade do/enable? We use to be direct customers, but are now have a Vendor...is this e-mail for use by direct customers? When i inquired from my predecessor he said that was what he was told to do, and didn't know why. Thank you, Scott

• 2.  RE: Pre-Upgrade proceedure

GENESYS
    Posted 02-23-2018 21:44
    There is/was a requirement that someone submit the Pre-Installation Verification Checklist (in the partner/support handbook) a minimum of 5 days before an upgrade to make sure Support had all the info needed to help in case things went badly, and in order to receive after-hours support when something went wrong.

• 3.  RE: Pre-Upgrade proceedure

Posted 02-23-2018 21:50
    I knew you would be the one to answer that George! :D I will reach out to our vendor and find out if we still need to do this step. Thank you, Scott

• 4.  RE: Pre-Upgrade proceedure

GENESYS
    Posted 02-23-2018 21:54
    Sorry I can't be more definite - I no longer have access to log into our Customer Care portal.

• 5.  RE: Pre-Upgrade proceedure

Posted 02-26-2018 03:51
    If you now have a VAR your VAR should do this. Like George said support requires this so they are aware and have it on their calendar for on call. At least that how it use to be.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources