PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Company Directory

Posted 10-31-2016 16:00
    In the past I heard that all contacts info are stored within the Registry but I was wondering if the same applies for newer versions like CIC 2015 R4 and newer... Basically what I would like to do is add hundreds of contacts from the other phone system we have into CIC so they would show up within the Company Directory. Please keep in mind that I won't be creating these users within IA. Any ideas would be appreciated it.

• 2.  RE: Company Directory

Posted 10-31-2016 17:03
    Originally posted by ronnedith;34192
    In the past I heard that all contacts info are stored within the Registry but I was wondering if the same applies for newer versions like CIC 2015 R4 and newer... Basically what I would like to do is add hundreds of contacts from the other phone system we have into CIC so they would show up within the Company Directory. Please keep in mind that I won't be creating these users within IA. Any ideas would be appreciated it.
    Honestly doing a bulk import in IA via an excel doc would be the easiest. But other wise have a list have a handler read through the list and add the DS keys?? That would probably be better than registry modifications.

• 3.  RE: Company Directory

GENESYS
    Posted 10-31-2016 18:23
    It depends on what you are actually trying to accomplish... The only folks who show up in the Company Directory are those configured as Users in IA, so if you truly want to add people specifically to the Company Directory the best method is the User Assistant and Worksheet, and use one of the import/creation methods in that wizard (as Ryan suggested). If you just want another directory of people stored in a database or LDAP directory or something like that, you can set up a Contact List Source in IA and set that up for use in the Client. It depends on how the data is stored as to how you would set up the IC Data Source and Contact List Source in IA.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources