PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Database Upgrade

Posted 11-14-2017 15:38
    Hi, I am doing a new PureConnect installation and I want to use an existing database. The exisiting database is in version 2016 R4 p6, and te new installation will be in 2018 R1 p2. Is there a way to run an upgrade to the old database without upgrading all the platform?? Regards,

• 2.  RE: Database Upgrade

Posted 11-14-2017 18:42
    Assuming you will want to run the database against the older version without risk, make a copy of the database and give it a new name. Then, connect to it from Setup Assistant on the new CIC servers and select the option to upgrade it. Once complete, you should be able to connect the new servers to it.

• 3.  RE: Database Upgrade

Posted 11-15-2017 14:45
    Technically the database is supposed to be backwards compatible so you could upgrade the database ahead of time or have both your newer and older CIC server connected to the same database. However in practice I have seen issues, mainly with reports or interaction recorder, where things don't quite work right if the database is a higher version than a CIC server. I would suggest you test this in your dev environment to ensure everything looks fine before moving forward.

• 4.  RE: Database Upgrade

Posted 11-15-2017 20:03
    Thaks for your answers. To explain it a little bit more what I am planning to do es: 1) Backup the IC DB in version 2016 R4 2) Restore the IC DB in a new SQL server. 3) Install a new IC server in version 2018 R1 and associate it to the restored DB. 4) Upgrade de restored DB from version 2016 R4 to 2018 R1 . Is it possible to do the last step somehow? Does Setup Assintant allow me to do it? I have already compared the DBs with the web tool to do this and i saw severa differences. Regards,

• 5.  RE: Database Upgrade

Posted 11-15-2017 21:14
    Yes, you should be able to do this in Setup Assistant - just choose the Upgrade radio button in the database wizard portion of the utility.

• 6.  RE: Database Upgrade

Posted 11-16-2017 14:55
    Might I suggest you don't do this all at once. Why not do the database migration and after you are able to connect CIC to the new database server and then another day do the CIC upgrade? If you make a bunch of changes at the same time there is a chance you won't know what caused the issue if you run into issues.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources