PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  A Specific Interactions Stats

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 08-14-2008 22:50
    Hello, I've been searching through this forum and the documentation for some assistance and I can't seem to find what I need. To make a very long story short, I need to be able to report on a each individual Interaction (be it a Call or an Email) separately, a "Cradle to Grave" type approach. The CallDetail table unfortunately does not provide me with all the information I need, and the iWrkGrpQueueStats, IVRHistory etc. tables do not help much because this information is grouped in Intervals. I am trying to build a custom handler which at the end of an Interaction will write all relevant information for that particular Interaction (Duration, Hold Time, Talk Time, IVR Time, WorkGroup Name, Abandoned etc.) to a data source of some kind. Either a Log file or a Database table (I can work this part out afterwards). The key here however is that, although all this information is saved to a variety of tables, it is grouped together in 15 minute Intervals (our current setup, default for I3 is 30 minutes I believe). I need this information on a Call-By-Call basis and unfortunately the information offered in the CallDetail table is just not detailed enough. What Tool Step, or which parameters must I access to be able retrieve a specific interactions Statistical information? Any help in this regard will be greatly appreciated.

• 2.  RE: A Specific Interactions Stats

GENESYS
    Posted 08-15-2008 14:38
    Have you looked at the Tracker reports? Tracker records each segment of each interaction, I think, in the manner you describe. There is no documentation on the Tracker tables because they don't want folks trying to manipulate them directly, but you might be able to put together what you want from the existing reports.

• 3.  RE: A Specific Interactions Stats

Posted 08-15-2008 21:43
    Thank you for your reply! I have gone through the Tracker reports, and although it does show each interaction, it unfortunately only displays Duration as a call statistic. This is definitely in the right direction however I require much more detail for each individual call. I will take a closer look at the actual database tables these reports are querying to see if I can find more detail however I feel that this still might need to be a custom handler modification.

• 4.  RE: A Specific Interactions Stats

Posted 08-18-2008 13:17
    You could create a new subroutine handler which writes the data to your table and is called from either the CustomCallDisconnect or CustomInteractionDisconnect handlers. Both of these handlers are called from the ObjectDisconnectMonitor handler which fires on the ObjectDisconnect initiator. When you have a specific statistic that needs to be tracked and is not on the call by default, then you will need to add it as a CustomCallAttribute on the call. The CustomCallAttributes stay on the call until the call is removed from the CIC system which takes a few minutes. I would start with the document 'Interaction Attribute Reference Guide' which can be found on the I3 Support Portal Web site under Interactive Knowlege Source/Components/Handlers/Documentation Link (on right side of page)/2.4 Interaction Attributes Reference Guide. Some of the statistics you want to track could already be there. You can also see what Call Attributes already exist on your calls by debugging calls in the CustomCallDisconnect and CustomInteractionDisconnect handlers and clicking on the Interaction1 variable in the Handler Variables tab on the debug palette. This will display all the Call Attributes on the call. The I3 documentation is not complete so again there could be Call Attributes already on the call that you can use. The Call Attributes are dynamic so every call won't have the same Call Attributes. Depending on the statistics you are wanting to track there could be many handlers to modify. For example, if you want to track how long a call stays in queue before it is answered, you would need to set a call attribute in the Acd handlers. If you want to track how long a call is in the IVR, the call attribute would be set in the attendant handlers. When creating your own Custom Call Attributes I have a few pieces of advice. 1) Create a naming convention for your Custom Call Attributes so that when looking through the huge list of Call Attributes yours will all be together and you can find them easily. I like to use something like Z_ + Attribute name. 2) Keep a document with the Custom Call Attribute Name, which handler sets the Call Attribute, which handler retrieves the Call Attribute, and a description of the Call Attribute. There is no way to determine this information from Designer. You can determine which handers have a 'Set Attribute' or 'Get Attribute' step but not on the specific Call Attribute. If you ever have to change or do troubleshooting on Custom Call Attributes that information is invaluable.

• 5.  RE: A Specific Interactions Stats

Posted 08-18-2008 16:04
    Thanks alot for your help! I'll start reviewing this documentation shortly, and hopefully this will get me in the right direction. Once again thank you very much for your reply!

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources