PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Transfer to Mobile

Posted 11-01-2011 23:12
    Hi, I was wondering what is the best way to do a transfer to mobile. Here is the scenario. We have a support team that need to be "On Call" during evening and weekend with agents on a weekly rotation. How to set the transfer without having to go on Atttendant and change the mobile phone (stop typo errors, easy to update...)? I was thinking a kind of workgroup but we can't transfer ACD call a mobile. Thank you in advance for your help.

• 2.  RE: Transfer to Mobile

Posted 11-02-2011 00:21
    Without writing a full custom handler application, likely the simplest method is to create a user called something like "OnCall", set status to Available, Follow-me (be sure use has permission to do this), and configure a list of follow-me numbers for the cell phone routing.

• 3.  RE: Transfer to Mobile

Posted 11-02-2011 04:23
    I wrote a nifty little handler for an oncall staff that uses a structured parameter that can be changed anytime you need to. It answers the call, ask for name/reason for call, puts call on hold and then dials the list sequentially. Pretty functional because it allows each tech to anser the call or not.

• 4.  RE: Transfer to Mobile

Posted 11-02-2011 09:57
    Hi Robert, Does that handler support different engineers? I have a situation where I have multiple groups of people that are on call, e.g. in IVR I have 4 options each option belongs to a group of 3 to 4 people that are in on and off on standby (1 week on 3 weeks off / 1 week on 2 weeks off) so does your handler deal with that scenario? Thanks

• 5.  RE: Transfer to Mobile

Posted 11-03-2011 03:33
    You can just change the schedule to point to different tables referenced by the handler or even better, I could build in a Check In/Out handler that would allow people to tell the system if they are on call or not and then use that list as the call list.

• 6.  RE: Transfer to Mobile

Posted 12-05-2011 16:04
    RobertWC Nifty Handler I wrote a nifty little handler for an oncall staff that uses a structured parameter that can be changed anytime you need to. It answers the call, ask for name/reason for call, puts call on hold and then dials the list sequentially. Pretty functional because it allows each tech to anser the call or not.
    Hi Robert, Sorry for taking some time to ask you more information re your Handler. I am quiet at work and would like to have a look at creating an handler as you did but I am not really litterate with handlers. Could you please guide me thorugh the first few steps please? Thank you for your time.

• 7.  RE: Transfer to Mobile

Posted 12-05-2011 16:47
    The first handler I did, looked up a table and dialed each number in order. The second handler I wrote allowed you to choose between 4 different numbers and replaced the Follow Me number for an On Call user we created. Both are simple when it comes to functionality, but sometimes getting Hander tools to respond as they should is now always quick and easy.

• 8.  RE: Transfer to Mobile

Posted 06-15-2023 10:42

Hello Robert,

I really wanted to how this handler work  to transfer to Mobile in Genesys Cloud. as customer want to if the users are away from system then call goes to External Mobile.

------------------------------
    Vinayak Vagal
    SmartConnect Technologies Pvt. Ltd

• 9.  RE: Transfer to Mobile

Posted 06-20-2023 09:23

Hi Vinayak,

Just so we are clear, PureConnect (formerly known as CIC) is a different product line to Genesys Cloud CX (Formerly known as Pure Cloud and before that OrgSpan.)

Handlers only apply to the PureConnect product, not Genesys Cloud. If you seek advice on setting up and adding functionality to Genesys Cloud, I recommend heading over to the Genesys Cloud CX forum, where I'm sure you will find many people willing to assist!

HTH

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources