PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Issue with PTP connection with remote PBX

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 11-06-2011 15:17
    Greetings. I am having trouble with configuring a connection to a remote Avaya PBX via a PTP connection. Settings for the line are CAS, ESF, B8ZS, 24 ch T1. No problem configuring the Interaction Gateway to these settings, no problem with the outbound call routes to point calls to the other end, no problem configuring the SIP line and dial plan to direct calls to those tie line numbers out the gateway. My problem is that the connection never seems to communicate with the Avaya. The Avaya PBX does not offer CAS/ESF/B8ZS on T1, only on E1. Through trial and error it appears that we may be close but when I dial an extension on that PBX, Interaction Client returns "connected", I get what sounds like dead air for two minutes, followed by a rapid hi-low tone that ends and disconnects after 30 seconds. The Avaya system has TN464HP cards and CM 3.1. I don't know anything about Avaya, I am relatively new at CIC 3.0. Can anyone please assist? I am attaching the current Avaya config along with the Interaction Gateway config. Since I have SIP to GW to T1 on my end, and it is T1 to card on the other end, I am not sure how to get the two systems to play nice. If there is anything in my line config that is needed to bridge this gap, I would appreciate any info or reference sources. Likewise, info needed to bring calls initiated by the Avaya into my CIC would be most helpful. We got the line installed Friday and go live is Monday...par for the course. Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Issue with PTP connection with remote PBX

Posted 11-07-2011 14:48
    On the I3 gateway do you show the interface as being up? I assume it is since you mention the call connects but no audio I would assume that the interface shows as up. I don't really see framing, and coding settings for the Avaya system so I'm thinking it is configured in your trunk group type. Can you send a screenshot of the trunk group type settings? Have you tried turning up logging for TS Server/SIP Engine on the CIC server and I3 gateway? I would assume the logs should help show you why the call is not going through.

• 3.  RE: Issue with PTP connection with remote PBX

Posted 11-08-2011 10:36
    Hi Vikki, I'm not sure how your physical setup is but E1 and T1 can't be mixed as E1 has 32 channels of which 2 are used for signaling and T1 has 24 channels and the signaling happens in the channel, so you are physically unable to mix the 2 The only way you would be able to get this to work is by using a setup like this: Avaya <--- Physical T1 Trunk ---> T1 / SIP Gateway <--- SIP ---> CIC <--- SIP ---> E1 / SIP gateway <--- physical E1 Trunk ---> You can't mix E1 and T1 in the same gateway either. I hope that helps a little.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources