PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Playing Screen Recordings through IceLib

Posted 01-16-2014 23:16
    I can decrypt and playback audio through IceLib fine. (.sasf to .wav). However, I need to also decrypt and playback screen recordings (.i3sr to .wmv) through IceLib. I tried using the same code I use for audio and do get a binary file back fine, it's just not recognized by Windows Media Player. With SU4 we can now Export the Screen Capture in ICBM out to a .wmv (great start!). So, is there a corresponding IceLib API that I can call to do an export to .wmv too? I have to imagine this is possible since the GetExportUri() method takes in an enum specifically named "RecordingMediaType.ScreenRecording" and a string "screenRecordingParticipantId" What is the content type of this exported file? Also, can you confirm if this is the location for the latest IceLib API available on the web: https://my.inin.com/support/selfhelp...ion/index.html Thank you!

• 2.  RE: Playing Screen Recordings through IceLib

Posted 01-24-2014 03:13
    the link didn't paste correctly, but i don't think the icelib docs are up to date. Best way to get it is install the sdk with the su that you want and grab the chm file from the install dir. The screen recording exports are in wmv format.

• 3.  RE: Playing Screen Recordings through IceLib

Posted 11-11-2018 05:49
    I know this is an old thread, but I have exactly the same problem. Decrypt and playback audio through IceLib works fine. But when I try to do the same with a screen recording, I only get a *.cap file instead of a standard video format (e.g. WMV as in ICBM).
    Does anyone know whether there is a possibility to play or convert this file?

------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------
    Hans-Gerd Sandhagen
    Software Developer
    Fiebig GmbH

• 4.  RE: Playing Screen Recordings through IceLib

Posted 04-29-2019 21:20
    Edited by Minh Tran 04-29-2019 22:03
    Hi,

have you found away to decrypt other type of recordings such as email and screen recordings?

Thanks
    Minh Tran

• 5.  RE: Playing Screen Recordings through IceLib

Posted 04-30-2019 09:25
    Hi,

yes and no. As far as I know there are two different things to mention:

1. Yes, with newer versions of IceLib (min. 2018 R2, maybe older too) you are able to exoprt all types of recordings (calls, Chats, screen recordings, etc)

2. All exports are in the same format, as they are recorded and there is the "problem". Calls are recorded as WAV or Opus files (depending on configuration in ICAdmin) and could be played by an appropriate player (e.g. VLC). But chats and emails are more or less plain text and screen recording seems to be a binary format, used by the capture client. I could not find any description/documentation about this format. 

Conclusion: You could export all recordings but depending on the type you have to process it by yourself (e.g. chat) or processing not possible due to lack of specification.

Hans-Gerd Sandhagen
    Software Developer
    Fiebig GmbH

• 6.  RE: Playing Screen Recordings through IceLib

Posted 09-26-2019 11:12
    Hi, Hans,

We have the similar problem. As you put, chat and mail interactions are also stored in SASF. What we want is to export/extract Chat XML from the specified SASF file.

Do you have any idea how to do this? Does IceLib appropriate methods/libraries for this purpose?

Thank you in advance

Serkan Akbaba
    Asseco SEE Bilisim Teknolojileri A.S.

• 7.  RE: Playing Screen Recordings through IceLib

Posted 09-27-2019 02:57
    Hi Serkan,

because we only needed video/screenrecording I did no further investigation, but I think the only way is to export the recording via ICWS or IceLib and try to parse/format the downloaded file yourself.

Hans-Gerd Sandhagen
    Software Developer
    Fiebig GmbH

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources