PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Handler to Place Call to Workgroup

• 1.  Handler to Place Call to Workgroup

Posted 07-01-2014 15:59
    I think this should be a fairly easy thing to do but I am having some difficulty. What we want to accomplish is have a button on Interaction Client that when pressed, will create a call to a specific workgroup based on the user's current Interaction. I am able to grab everything I need from the current Interaction to correctly place the call but it seems it does not have any ACD processing associated with it. I have made several test calls and only the first person in the workgroup is being alerted for the call. If they are not available, the call stays in the workgroup queue until the agent becomes available. I had two ideas on how to get this working but not sure how to do either or which makes more sense. I was hoping I could send the newly created call to an Attendant Profile which would then route it to the workgroup assigning the necessary skills. Unfortunately, I do not see how to transfer this call from the Handler to the Attendant Profile. The other option is to have the Handler start the ACD processing. Again, I have no idea even where to start on this. Can someone give mean example or just some general information on the flow of an ACD call or how to initiate ACD processing on a call created by the "Place Call" toolstep (if this is the correct one to be using). Thanks, Andrew

• 2.  RE: Handler to Place Call to Workgroup

Posted 07-01-2014 23:34
    I'm guessing there is a reason why you're not using it, but my first response would be to try using a blind or consult (if agent needs to speak with next agent before customer) transfer... or simply placing a call into that queue from the client. Beyond this, there are any number of ways that this could be done that vary in complexity. The simplest would be for the agent to click an Attendant profile in the Workgroups and Profiles view. A call could be placed via handler either to an Attendant profile (based on the profile path) or directly to a workgroup queue. If only a single agent is being presented the call, then a quick look through the ACDServer log (at 80) should show you why. Perhaps there are skills/categories/etc. that need to be assigned/adjusted.

• 3.  RE: Handler to Place Call to Workgroup

Posted 07-03-2014 14:50
    Agreed, the blind transfer or consult transfer to the workgroup number should work fine. Ahead of that a selection step should be able to determine your dial string based off of existing call attributes if you need it based off of the existing call values. ACD processing should progress exactly like any manual call to the workgroup extension. We have an existing transfer to attendant handler, but it's more complicated than it needs to be. It was written by our VAR, otherwise I could share it with you.

• 4.  RE: Handler to Place Call to Workgroup

Posted 07-08-2014 13:50
    I ended up using the "Place Call" toolstep followed by the "Acd Initiate Processing" toolstep and seems to work fine. Maybe not the easiest/cleanest way, but gets the job done. If I had used a Blind Transfer, would I need the Acd Initiate Processing or would that happen automatically. Thanks, Andrew

• 5.  RE: Handler to Place Call to Workgroup

GENESYS
    Posted 07-08-2014 15:34
    I tried to attach a sample handler that I used in Advanced Handlers class as part of our Post call Survey lab. The principle is the same, transferring a call to an Interaction Attendant profile. Unfortunately, I have exceeded my quota for uploading files. It presumes there is an Attendant profile with DNIS 5678. It uses a Set Attribute tool step to set IntAtt_LocalTn - "5678". Next is a Set Call State tool step, setting the call state to "Survey" (or whatever you want). "Call should be moved to the System Queue" is set to true (to get the call off the agent's client, so the agent doesn't disconnect the transferred interaction by mistake). "True: Claim control of this call" is also set to true, as is "Cancel pending operations". The next step is the IntAttIncomingCall subroutine call. This sends the call into Interaction Attendant handler processing, which will match the IntAtt_LocalTn attribute with the DNIS setting on the profile, and Attendant processing under that profile takes over from there. This enables you to feed the call into all the processing you have set up in Attendant, instead of dumping it directly into queue with the ACD Initiate Processing tool step. I hope that helps. Sorry to take so long to chime in. I know other folks have other ways of transferring to an Attendant Profile - this is just my preferred method.

• 6.  RE: Handler to Place Call to Workgroup

Posted 07-10-2014 19:02
    Thanks for all the information. The only issue I am having is that the new call is not receiving the skill I am trying to add. I think I might be doing this out of order, so please let me know. I am using the "Place Call" tool step, then "Acd Initiate Processing" then the "Acd Specify Interaction Skill" tool step. When I look at the ACD Logs, I do not see it taking into account the skill I am trying to attach. Any suggestions? GGanahl, if you could email me the example handler, I would really appreciate it. I am definitely a little disappointed InIn does not offer an Advanced Handler class anymore. I really liked the Handler class I took with Paul, but I feel like there is so much more to learn about handlers. Thanks, Andrew

• 7.  RE: Handler to Place Call to Workgroup

GENESYS
    Posted 07-10-2014 19:06
    Yeah, unfortunately we never got enough paying students to make Advanced Handlers a worthwhile investment. I'll get you that file.

• 8.  RE: Handler to Place Call to Workgroup

Posted 07-10-2014 19:07
    I noticed that when I placed the Acd Specify Interaction Skill after the Acd Initiate Processing toolstep, the call immediately disconnects. Where do I put the Acd Specify Interaction Skill in the handler to add the skill to the call? Thanks, Andrew

• 9.  RE: Handler to Place Call to Workgroup

GENESYS
    Posted 07-10-2014 19:15
    Originally posted by AWooster;30935
    I noticed that when I placed the Acd Specify Interaction Skill after the Acd Initiate Processing toolstep, the call immediately disconnects. Where do I put the Acd Specify Interaction Skill in the handler to add the skill to the call? Thanks, Andrew
    You have to specify the skills before the ACD Initiate Processing step using ACD Specify Interaction Skill. ACD Initiate Processing sends a notification which runs the ACDAvailableInteraction handler. You can only remove skills after that, unless you re-run the ACD Initiate Processing after adding a new skill.

• 10.  RE: Handler to Place Call to Workgroup

Posted 07-11-2014 15:52
    I am kind of using a portion of your example but I am having something odd happen. First let me explain how I am using it. I use the Place Call toolstep to create the call, then use the Set Call State, where I want the agent to keep the call in their queue. It first hits the Default Profile where I hear the standard message "Thank you for calling" as soon as that piece of the message is heard it transfers the call to the appropriate profile. So it does not go straight to the profile that matches the number dialed, then after it routes to the corresponding workgroup, it immediately disconnects. Any suggestions? The handler is attached. Thanks, Andrew

• 11.  RE: Handler to Place Call to Workgroup

Posted 07-11-2014 19:02
    Figured it out. Thanks for everyones help. Thanks, Andrew

• 12.  RE: Handler to Place Call to Workgroup

GENESYS
    Posted 07-11-2014 19:09
    Ok, good! I hadn't gotten around to looking at the handler yet. :-)

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources