PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  add extra agents during peak

Posted 10-21-2015 10:11
    Hi, Last month we started working with CIC and we face following problem. During peak moments we want to add extra agents to certain skills. We want to do that without giving the person who has to do that, access to the users in the Administrator. But Inin told us that this is not possible. Are there other alterternatives to handle this? Regards, Karen

• 2.  RE: add extra agents during peak

GENESYS
    Posted 10-21-2015 13:25
    I think the road block may just be in your wording, but I would need further clarification to be sure... Are you actually talking about giving agents who are already part of the workgroup more skills so that they can handle calls during peak times, or are you talking about taking agents who have the skills but who are not active in the workgroup and making them active to take calls?

• 3.  RE: add extra agents during peak

Posted 10-21-2015 13:44
    I mean giving extra skills to agents who already are part of the workgroup. Regards, Karen

• 4.  RE: add extra agents during peak

GENESYS
    Posted 10-21-2015 13:50
    In that case, your only choices would be to 1) Use Interaction Administrator, or 2) Write a custom IceLib interface to allow them to do the same thing, or 3) Come up with a custome front end that allows them to run a handler with the changes you want to make as inputs (users and skills you want to add/remove). Most people go the other route - they remove skills from the interactions during the peak periods, or they lower the minimum skill requirement in a custom handler. Removing the skills could be done through a Logical Transfer in Attendant which looks at how many calls are stacked up in queue or the time of day or estimated wait time and branches to a Group Transfer which leaves off the skill requirement when things are backed up. (As an aside, there is a Remove Skill operation in Attendant, but Support does not recommend using it because it leads to faulty reporting data on the queue).

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources