PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  ACD-call at same time with nonACD-call

Posted 12-07-2015 10:31
    During callcenter work, are agents can also get non-ACD calls. When the phone is ringing for an ACD-call and on that moment a non-ACD call is coming in, these are both ringing. When the agent pick-up the ACD-call, the non-ACD call keeps ringing. Because the agent's phone is ringing in his headset, he cannot understand the customer because of the ringing of the non-ACD-call. We heard from support that this is normal behaviour. Has someone a solution /workaround for this problem? Is this also a problem in other companies? It is not a solution for us to let the phone ring by the pc. Thanks! Karen

• 2.  RE: ACD-call at same time with nonACD-call

Posted 12-07-2015 15:23
    This is expected behavior because it is generally desirable for an agent to be able to receive a non-ACD call even while on an ACD call (for example, a call from the agent's supervisor). I've not tried it, but one potential solution would be a client rule that would prevent inbound calls while on a call.

• 3.  RE: ACD-call at same time with nonACD-call

GENESYS
    Posted 12-07-2015 18:01
    What happens when you un-check the option "Ring when on phone" under the Alerting options under the Client configuration? I don't know if that would stop the ringing once another call is answered.

• 4.  RE: ACD-call at same time with nonACD-call

Posted 12-18-2015 13:17
    Our agents have Auto Answer acd, which means they immediately get the call. If a non-acd call rings to their line they receive a "toast" pop that allows the option to send to voicemail or ignore (or answer of course).. not sure if this will help your situation as I assume it depends on how many non-acd calls a user may get, but solved a similar issue for us as ACD is the priority. This does mean status monitoring and awareness training increased to avoid agent not answering.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources