PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Interact with an existing .net client session

Posted 09-29-2010 07:48
    One of our customers has a CRM system that is very limited in ways to interact with other applications. When i click "dial" for a contact in the CRM it can only fire an executable with one parameter, the phone number to dial. I have already created an IceLib appliaction that handles this request and it works fine. However, I have there are several issues that I need to address: - It is slow. It takes a while for IceLib to connect to CIC and then dial the number. - Customer is not using windows authentication, so the application has to ask for username/password/station every time (I can cache this information...) How can I avoid the logon/logoff every time a user clicks "dial". The customer is always using the .Net client, Is it possible to connect to the same session as this without prompting for username/password. Could I trigger a handler from the client machine to the job? Any other suggestions?

• 2.  RE: Interact with an existing .net client session

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 09-29-2010 08:04
    This doesn't help you today, but coming up in IC 3.0 SU11 the Interaction Client will support the "callto:" protocol. This means that your CRM application could just execute the command line "callto:[number]" and any existing instance of the .NET client will dial that number, or if a client instance isn't running it will be started and will dial after the user logs in. As for your options today, to make this work better, you could do a few things: 1. Use IceLib's "CommonCredentials" class (ININ.IceLib.Connection.CommonCredentials) to retrieve the login settings used by the .NET client. For this to work without requiring to prompt the user for login information, the user must select to save their password in the .NET client login dialog, or use Windows authentication. (Note that you can use this class to persist the login information for your custom application also - if you do take an approach that caches the information.) 2. Create a "singleton" application - the first time your app is launched, log in and dial the number. Then, instead of exiting, leave the app running in memory (with no user interface, of course). Next time the app is launched, have the new instance just "activate" the existing one and pass the dial string to it. This is similar to how our Interaction Voicemail Player works, for similar reasons that you're working on solving as well. Either way, good luck!

• 3.  RE: Interact with an existing .net client session

Posted 09-29-2010 08:25
    Thanks you for swift reply. I can see many good uses for the callto: protocoll. Good thing this will be implemented. I will look into the singelton solution as this probably is the best way to go...

• 4.  RE: Interact with an existing .net client session

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 09-29-2010 08:41

• 5.  RE: Interact with an existing .net client session

Posted 09-29-2010 12:13
    Hi. Take a look to the last posts on this threadhttp://community.inin.com/forums/showthread.php?5576-Dynamics-CRm-integration-and-making-a-call-from-a-CRM-screen. I think what is said there could apply to you as well.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources