PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  PROMPT STORAGE for Attendants and Greetings

Posted 10-17-2012 20:20
    Installing a MIC 3.0 system. USER Prompts/Greetings: If you are not using the 'MIC Configuration' Container's "Prompt Cache Directory" the system seems to put them in the Resources\inin_prompt_cache. This location is in the CustomMirrorDir Server Parameters. However it's not being replicated across to the second MIC server. Any ideas why? Ultimately, I could put them on the network, but it'd be nice to have them copied across both our MIC servers. ATTENDANT prompts: Prompts for Attendants are uploaded to the ...WebSite\MICAdmin\work\promptwork directory. I moved my Web Service from MIC1 to a Virtual Web Server. It's created a structure much like the FBMC directory structure in both locations. Is this the actual location it is using to play the prompts when people call an attendant? Could anyone shed some light on how this works? Thanks so much for any input. Wade

• 2.  RE: PROMPT STORAGE for Attendants and Greetings

Posted 10-18-2012 00:58
    The custom mirror directory parameter is used by Switchover, which MIC doesn't support. The recommended config is to store all prompts on a network location that is reliable. It's been a long time since I've looked, but I don't think the web attendant stores the prompts on the web server - not for playback anyway. Those should also be in a network location, but I forget just how that is configured. The docs should mention where the attendant prompts folder is configured.

• 3.  RE: PROMPT STORAGE for Attendants and Greetings

Posted 10-18-2012 01:33
    Actually the user prompt storage method changed in MIC 3.0 compared to 2.4. User prompts are stored in the ADAM database, so you don't have to worry about having a network share across all MIC servers since the ADAM database is already being replicated.

• 4.  RE: PROMPT STORAGE for Attendants and Greetings

Posted 10-18-2012 14:00
    So both the locations for User Prompts (in the Resourse dir) and Attendant Prompts are just part of the vehicle to store them until they are incorporated in the db? Is the only place to see what the active prompts are by running the Attendant Menus report? Thanks for taking the time to reply Andy/Corey.

• 5.  RE: PROMPT STORAGE for Attendants and Greetings

Posted 11-30-2012 00:56
    no only user created prompts are stored in th db since the default prompts are apart of the install.

• 6.  RE: PROMPT STORAGE for Attendants and Greetings

Posted 12-03-2012 17:14
    Got it. Thanks for the clarification. Is there a way to download any of these files back off the MICs (like Attendant files you have uploaded)?

• 7.  RE: PROMPT STORAGE for Attendants and Greetings

Posted 12-04-2012 03:51
    No there is no way to download uploaded prompts through the web interface.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources