PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Remote site configuration - Sip proxy

Posted 08-27-2015 15:30
    I have my main site at location 1 where my CIC is with a full CIC backup at location 2. Now I want to install location 3 so that location connect to Location 1 for CIC capabilities. Then if my WAN between location 1 and 3 failed, I want my people at location 3 to be able to do inbound/outbound and intercom. My first thought was to only put a SIP proxy to that location for survivability purposes but do I also need a media server over there or the SIP proxy can be auto sufficient? Thank you for your help,

• 2.  RE: Remote site configuration - Sip proxy

GENESYS
    Posted 08-27-2015 15:48
    Just for call routing, all you need is the SIP Proxy (configured as a Managed SIP Proxy in Interaction Administrator). Media Server is recommended if you have calls going directly into that remote location via a local gateway or SIP trunk and you want to record them. (I presume you have a local gateway there, since if the WAN goes down there's no other way for the calls to get into the remote location...)

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources