PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Chat Pop-up is not shown while in conversation and viceversa.

A Contributor

A Contributor12-15-2015 14:38

• 1.  Chat Pop-up is not shown while in conversation and viceversa.

Posted 12-11-2015 15:38
    In Interaction Client we are experiencing that ALL agents/users do not recieve any chat message while they are in conversation (voice call). The same thing happens when users are using chat and they do not recieve evidence of an incoming call. Is there any configuration to allow users to have two or more interactions (for example: voice & chat) at the same time? Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Chat Pop-up is not shown while in conversation and viceversa.

GENESYS
    Posted 12-11-2015 19:09
    Read up on Utilization in th eInteraction Administrator Help and the ACD technical reference document. It is configured on the ACD tab for Users and Workgroups.

• 3.  RE: Chat Pop-up is not shown while in conversation and viceversa.

Posted 12-15-2015 14:38
    Thanks! I will read it. Regards!

• 4.  RE: Chat Pop-up is not shown while in conversation and viceversa.

Posted 12-15-2015 16:51
    I was reading the utilization's Help on de ACD windows at the user configuration, and it is just that I need. But if I want to add a new interaction type (chat) this is not showing up. Only there are call, email, generic and callback, but the utilization's help says that there are chat, callback, web collaboration, instant question, sms message, email and generic. I was reading how about can create a new interaction type, but I don't find it. I attach an image about it (the interaction administrator is in spanish. [ATTACH]696[/ATTACH] Can you help me? Thanks!

• 5.  RE: Chat Pop-up is not shown while in conversation and viceversa.

GENESYS
    Posted 12-15-2015 19:33
    The only way I have been able to re-create what you are seeing is to remove the Web Services feature license from my server. When you look at License Management in Interaction Administrator, under Features, do you see I3_FEATURE_WEB_SERVICES?

• 6.  RE: Chat Pop-up is not shown while in conversation and viceversa.

Posted 12-16-2015 15:40
    At License Management in Interaction Administrator, under Features I dont see I3_FEATURE_WEB_SERVICES. It means that I should could add the chat interaction type? is there another way? Thanks!

• 7.  RE: Chat Pop-up is not shown while in conversation and viceversa.

GENESYS
    Posted 12-16-2015 15:51
    It means you have not licensed Web Chat functionality, so you cannot use ACD Chat on your system (either that, or someone forgot to add Web Services to your license...you will have to ask the entity that sold you your system to be sure). I didn't ask originally - are you trying to have an ACD call and an Intercom Chat connected at the same time? For example, allowing an agent to chat with a Supervisor but still receive ACD calls, or chat with someone else and still receive ACD calls?

• 8.  RE: Chat Pop-up is not shown while in conversation and viceversa.

GENESYS
    Posted 12-16-2015 16:14
    I looked at the license for your lab server on the license.inin.com web site, and it includes the I3_FEATURE_WEB_SERVICES license line item. Are you on a customer server? Go to license.inin.com and view the account info, and you can view there whether or not the Web Services license was purchased for that account.

• 9.  RE: Chat Pop-up is not shown while in conversation and viceversa.

Posted 12-16-2015 16:35
    Originally posted by GGanahl;32898
    I looked at the license for your lab server on the license.inin.com web site, and it includes the I3_FEATURE_WEB_SERVICES license line item. Are you on a customer server? Go to license.inin.com and view the account info, and you can view there whether or not the Web Services license was purchased for that account.
    So do you say that if the customer (this issue is with a customer, not with my lab server) have the I3_FEATURE_WEB_SERVICES license, we can add the chat interaction type? I going to see license.inin.com and I will talk to you how about it. Thanak you!

• 10.  RE: Chat Pop-up is not shown while in conversation and viceversa.

Posted 12-16-2015 17:08
    Originally posted by lviera;32900
    I have visited the licence.inin.com and I have this [ATTACH]697[/ATTACH] This means that my customer have licence for Web services? How can I active it? A matter of fact, all the users can use the intercom chat correctly, but they can't have an intercom chat and a call at the same time, this is the issue. Regards!

• 11.  RE: Chat Pop-up is not shown while in conversation and viceversa.

GENESYS
    Posted 12-16-2015 17:42
    Originally posted by lviera;32901
    A matter of fact, all the users can use the intercom chat correctly, but they can't have an intercom chat and a call at the same time, this is the issue. Regards!
    The Intercom chat (between Agent and Supervisor) has nothing to do with ACD, and is not at all affected by ACD Utilization, so the Web Services license is not the resolution to the issue. The Intercom chat is a non-ACD Interaction, and IC prevents an agent from receiving an ACD interaction while on a non-ACD interaction by default. In order to change the behavior you have to add the Optional Server Parameter: ACDAvailableOnNon-ACD Use this parameter so that agents are available for ACD interactions when on non-ACD interactions. To be unavailable, the agents must set their status to a non-ACD status. Set the parameter value to any value, such as Yes, 1, true,etc., to enable it. Without this parameter, or if there is no value entered for the parameter, then agents are not available for ACD when on non-ACD interactions. ------------------------------------------------- The customer may not like the behavior, because it allows the agents to receive ACD calls while they are on non-ACD calls, not just while on an Intercom Chat.

• 12.  RE: Chat Pop-up is not shown while in conversation and viceversa.

Posted 01-18-2016 19:47
    Originally posted by GGanahl;32903
    In order to change the behavior you have to add the Optional Server Parameter: ACDAvailableOnNon-ACD Set the parameter value to any value, such as Yes, 1, true,etc., to enable it.
    Hi! I seted the ACDAvailableOnNon-ACD parameter and it dont works. I have opened a case in support ININ and they are asking me: "Can you provide the following logs: - ACDServer @ 80 - IP @ 80 - Notifier @ 80 - TsServer @ 80 - ClientServer @ 80 InteractionID of the intercom chat InteractionID of a call waiting" could you tell me where I get this information? Thanks!

• 13.  RE: Chat Pop-up is not shown while in conversation and viceversa.

GENESYS
    Posted 01-18-2016 20:15
    Since you are working with Support, it would be best if you have someone walk you through changing the trace level on the logs, gathering the logs they are requesting, and sending the Chat/Call IDs they are asking for. It would be best for them to know that you don't know how to get those things, as it will help the people in Support help you better. You should also sign up for classes, since they are now free to Partners. The IC System Configuration and Support class teaches you how to configure tracing and get logs.

• 14.  RE: Chat Pop-up is not shown while in conversation and viceversa.

Posted 12-16-2015 16:30
    Originally posted by GGanahl;32896
    I didn't ask originally - are you trying to have an ACD call and an Intercom Chat connected at the same time? For example, allowing an agent to chat with a Supervisor but still receive ACD calls, or chat with someone else and still receive ACD calls?
    Yes, we are trying to have an intercom chat with a supervisor for example, or someone else exactly, and receive ACD calls at the same time. This is that we want to.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources