PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Forward queue with Attendant

Posted 12-07-2016 19:35
    I was speaking casually with a I3 partner engineer today and he had said there is a way in Attendant to call into an extension, have the user authenticate w/ a pin and ask for a number to forward to. Doing this will then redirect the queue to that number. I have been messing around in Attendant and figured out how to do caller entry and the remote access portion but I cannot figure out how to make those actions actually forward the queue and enter a number to forward it to. Does anyone have any clue? thank you

• 2.  RE: Forward queue with Attendant

Posted 12-08-2016 01:41
    Originally posted by Hudson;34431
    I was speaking casually with a I3 partner engineer today and he had said there is a way in Attendant to call into an extension, have the user authenticate w/ a pin and ask for a number to forward to. Doing this will then redirect the queue to that number. I have been messing around in Attendant and figured out how to do caller entry and the remote access portion but I cannot figure out how to make those actions actually forward the queue and enter a number to forward it to. Does anyone have any clue? thank you
    I am a little unclear is this a WG queue a user queue? Are you wanting to do this for on call or something. I guess i need a little more information to try and point you in the right direction.

• 3.  RE: Forward queue with Attendant

Posted 12-08-2016 12:31
    Originally posted by Ryan_H;34433
    I am a little unclear is this a WG queue a user queue? Are you wanting to do this for on call or something. I guess i need a little more information to try and point you in the right direction.
    WG queue, and you are correct for on-call.

• 4.  RE: Forward queue with Attendant

Posted 12-08-2016 13:16
    Ok i can think of a few options here. you can't do what you want right out of the box. My question is in this WG is that multiple agents then when on call hits its a single phone number? That you want to be able to update? Best option would be to call into the IVR then have that set your emergency schedule that routes a number, and if this number changes then route to a dummy user, like On call user and set that user to available forward and then you can log into that user and change the forward number from the tui or gui. Other better options would be to call in and set the emergency schedule then use custom handlers to set the on call number and update it, etc. You could get more granular and controlled this way.

• 5.  RE: Forward queue with Attendant

Posted 12-13-2016 15:01
    Originally posted by Ryan_H;34437
    Ok i can think of a few options here. you can't do what you want right out of the box. My question is in this WG is that multiple agents then when on call hits its a single phone number? That you want to be able to update? Best option would be to call into the IVR then have that set your emergency schedule that routes a number, and if this number changes then route to a dummy user, like On call user and set that user to available forward and then you can log into that user and change the forward number from the tui or gui. Other better options would be to call in and set the emergency schedule then use custom handlers to set the on call number and update it, etc. You could get more granular and controlled this way.
    How would I set it to enable the emergency schedule and have that route to a number?

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources