PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Looking for Wireless Conference Phone

Posted 08-31-2017 17:39
    Hi, My executive team has requested a wireless conference phone for one of their offices. On Testlab, there were not any, however when I Googled it, several came up. Is there anyone that has tested a wireless solution on the Genesys system that actually works? Thanks -Lee

• 2.  RE: Looking for Wireless Conference Phone

Posted 09-01-2017 10:50
    I think the last wireless conference phone that I helped configure for CIC was a Revolabs unit. It was a long time ago so I don't remember the details, but I think it worked ok. The problem I've run into with many 3rd party SIP phones is that they only support a single registration and don't support DNS SRV... meaning they don't support switchover. Sometimes they support multiple SIP lines so I'll configured one to register with the primary server and another with the backup and that usually works ok.

• 3.  RE: Looking for Wireless Conference Phone

Posted 09-01-2017 11:52
    dcurrier- Thanks for the feedback. I am looking at the RevoLabs unit, as that seems to be one of the best ones out there. -Lee

• 4.  RE: Looking for Wireless Conference Phone

Posted 09-01-2017 14:12
    I thought one of the Polycom IP Soundstations had a wireless offering but I can't seem to find it now. There is the SoundStation2W but this is an analog conference phone where you plug the base into the wall and then it uses DECT from the base station to the phone. Granted you will need an FXO gateway to use this conference phone.

• 5.  RE: Looking for Wireless Conference Phone

GENESYS
    Posted 09-01-2017 15:14
    By wireless, do you mean DECT, or wireless ethernet? The Grandstream DP715 is on Testlab; that is a SIP DECT phone with a wired connection to its base station. It can't be configured as a managed phone, but configuring it as an unmanaged station works well. Similarly there's a cordless option for the Aastra 480i which I think is the 480i CT, which is also on Testlab. While both of these are validated, keep in mind that technically speaking, anything that speaks SIP and RTP (with at least one codec in common with PureConnect) should theoretically work. If you can still get hold of one, some Polycom Spectralink phones can be configured as managed IP phones and connect directly to wireless ethernet, rather than DECT. I believe these are now discontinued however.

• 6.  RE: Looking for Wireless Conference Phone

Posted 09-20-2017 14:01
    We have quite a few Soundstation 2W's in my office and I can say they are pretty solid. In 8 years I've only had to change the batteries on them once and maybe reboot the base stations a few times a year. They are analog and we have the base stations patched into an 8 port Audiocodes MP-118FXS digital/analog gateway. Each port on the gateway is a setup as a stand alone phone station with conferencing enabled. Work like a charm! We were going to get a Revolabs FLX unit for our new office, but opted for an Soundstation ip5000 simply cause the FLX was overkill for the size of our conference room.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources