PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How do you test a Custom Notification handler?

Posted 12-21-2017 15:14
    Years ago we hired our reseller to create an IP Socket Listener on the CIC server so we could change agent statuses from a web page. This functionality has stopped working and I am trying to figure out why. The developer created a TCP_Tester.ihd handler with a Custom Notification initiator. How do I fire off this handler? Do I need to insert it into another call handler and debug through that? Thanks!

• 2.  RE: How do you test a Custom Notification handler?

Posted 12-21-2017 16:18
    From the command line: D:\I3\IC\Server>SendCustomNotification.exe [Object ID] [Notification Event] [Value1] [Value2] Object ID and Notification Event are specified in the Custom Notification Initiator. An array of parameters can be passed in as space delimited arguments:

• 3.  RE: How do you test a Custom Notification handler?

Posted 12-22-2017 14:39
    Double click on the custom notification initiator and you will have an Object ID and a Notification Event. You will need to make sure the Object ID you pass into sendcustomnotification matches the object ID of the custom notification initiator. Notification event is usually {all}. When you send the notification you can put whatever you want in for the notification event but you may want to double check that the handler isn't doing something with the input in the code.

• 4.  RE: How do you test a Custom Notification handler?

Posted 12-27-2017 16:56
    How is your web page generating the custom notification? Is it written using asp.Net and ICELib? If so, check the ICELib version(s) to see if a recent update has a breaking change in it which may require the web application to be re-compiled.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources